Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: ilda files

I know for most of the time, all the newbs will just leech the ftp and move on, but it isn't always that case. I leeched it when I had under 10 posts and still became somewhat a regular around here.
    leading in trailing technology

I understand that buddy .... and for every hundred good blokes like yourself .... there is 1 scamming twat that spoils it for others
    a few years back i was involved with a forum that wrote programs to emulate old slot machines ..... and just the same we set up an FTP so people could share each others work ... with it being freely acessed by anyone
    But then DVDs started apearing on Ebay .... "1000 emulated slotmachines for $10" which meant that they had downloaded the hard work of others from the FTP ....bunged it on a disk and sold them on EBAY...
    Which was anoying but it got worse .... these idiots became lazy and then instead of sending a DVD they just emailed the buyer the FTP password so they could down load the whole FTP site .... you can imagine how much the bandwith costs suddenly went up by

Karl

The fruit machine emulator? I do some MAME coding well used too when there were simple drivers I could code. But heck cool was glad to see when MAME finally started excepting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Banthai View Post
    I understand that buddy .... and for every hundred good blokes like yourself .... there is 1 scamming twat that spoils it for others
    a few years back i was involved with a forum that wrote programs to emulate old slot machines ..... and just the same we set up an FTP so people could share each others work ... with it being freely acessed by anyone
    But then DVDs started apearing on Ebay .... "1000 emulated slotmachines for $10" which meant that they had downloaded the hard work of others from the FTP ....bunged it on a disk and sold them on EBAY...
    Which was anoying but it got worse .... these idiots became lazy and then instead of sending a DVD they just emailed the buyer the FTP password so they could down load the whole FTP site .... you can imagine how much the bandwith costs suddenly went up by

Karl

yes ... the fruit machine emulator FME .... didnt think you guys would know what a Fruit machine was
    i understand there is now talk about incorperating it with MAME so it possibly has a future .... the are many old Pub machines that dont exist in the real world anymore and can now be played because the set of roms were preserved ....
    Karl

Thanks for your effort on that preservation, without it they'd all but be lost.

yes ... the fruit machine emulator FME .... didnt think you guys would know what a Fruit machine was
    i understand there is now talk about incorperating it with MAME so it possibly has a future .... the are many old Pub machines that dont exist in the real world anymore and can now be played because the set of roms were preserved ....
    Karl

... then please politly PISS OFF

all the best

Karl
    You see.. A little bit of politeness makes all the difference...

Quote Originally Posted by colognlaser2011 View Post
    Hello from Germany, I've tried using FTP
    ftp.photonlexicon.com
    user: plftp
    pass: * Fup z6k4
    That password no longer works. The new rule is if you want to get free stuff you have to join, participate and contribute first.

I'm helping by providing the above information!

And also with some shows / ILDs when I finally get hold of the bloody laser I've been told I'm allowed to borrow... Hopefully by next weekend when the actual show is.

I also tried user: plftp - in lower case (don't think user matters) and password: Fup*z6k4 using Internet Explorere and various FTP utilities, username password combination seems invalid, can someone please supply correct credentials?

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by mnorval View Post
    I also tried user: plftp - in lower case (don't think user matters) and password: Fup*z6k4 using Internet Explorere and various FTP utilities, username password combination seems invalid, can someone please supply correct credentials?
    Read around post 42, FTP has been abused, and you now need special permission to access the server.

You'll have to ask admin, his screen name is "SPEC" for a password.

Sorry, I know that sucks, but as the 'tinternet grows, things have gotten out of control.

Steve

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

Quote Originally Posted by mnorval View Post
    I also tried user: plftp - in lower case (don't think user matters) and password: Fup*z6k4 ....
    Did you also read the last post in this thread before you posted?
    Quote Originally Posted by vIQleS View Post
    ....The new rule is if you want to get free stuff you have to join, participate and contribute first.....
    Mebbe the rules apply to you as well ..........

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Read around post 42, FTP has been abused, and you now need special permission to access the server.

You'll have to ask admin, his screen name is "SPEC" for a password.

Sorry, I know that sucks, but as the 'tinternet grows, things have gotten out of control.

Steve
    There is also a guest login. See the Administrative News stickied thread in Lounge subforum for details.
    Last edited by colouredmirrorball; 08-24-2015 at 13:52.