Thread: Possible to regas a Spectra 132 or 134? If so, how much?

Default Possible to regas a Spectra 132 or 134? If so, how much?

I have a friend who purchased a couple he-ne's that have some historical interest. One is a SP 132, the other is a SP 134 (he says; I haven't seen them).

The tubes flash on and off. He says they have outgassed and need to be regassed.

Is this possible? If so, who can do it and what's involved in time and shipping and money?

Thanks for your help!

-- Patrick Murphy

Quote Originally Posted by pmurph5 View Post
    I have a friend who purchased a couple he-ne's that have some historical interest. One is a SP 132, the other is a SP 134 (he says; I haven't seen them).

The tubes flash on and off. He says they have outgassed and need to be regassed.

Is this possible? If so, who can do it and what's involved in time and shipping and money?

Thanks for your help!

-- Patrick Murphy
    dale harder or steve Robert’s. I just gave them each a 1000 liters of neon. Dale has direct experience repumping both.

Not practical. Waaaaay cheaper to just replace the laser with modern He-Ne, and keep the old heads in a display cabinet (with cover off?).

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Both I and Dale have the isotopic neon and helium.

Start with Dale and then call me if he cannot help you. Looking at a 132 picture, the advice of dropping in a new tube is a bit more appropriate, due to the way the soft mirror seals are sealed on a glass tube with the flat ends precision ground for alignment. I can't guarantee I can get them clean or on correctly. In other words, I could open the fill stem, process the cathode, and just refill. Not a great rebuild.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 08-09-2022 at 14:27.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...