Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: maXYZmodules Service and Support

So you are reccomending 500mW red, 200 Green, and 100Blue? Why, that's only $2500 there!
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Ben;

No, the green is at the END of the list of numbers. Everything is referenced to Green, because that's the peak of the eye's sensitivity. So the 4.6 : 2.4 : 1 example is 4.6 Red, 2.4 Blue, 1 Green

So using your example, you want 500 mw red, 200 mw BLUE, 100 mw green. And yeah, it gets expensive! That's why most people don't have perfect color balance... It costs too much!

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 09-03-2007 at 18:02.

Many I'll just keep a RGY for now and buy the blue when I have another $3000. :P
    CLICKY!!!

Would 400mW red 100mW green make a decent RGY? I thought it should be more equal with the RGY.
    CLICKY!!!

Cool

Yes, it will look just fine at 4:1. If you have extra green then your yellow will look more like "chartreuse." With the proper amount of green (and lots of red) you can make beautiful oranges and yellows. With too much green it overpowers the red and you get greenish-yellow baby shit.

If you're interested, have a look at this chart from Sam's Laser FAQ for the details of the human eye's color response.

Does anybode know where marconi is? I have send a few pm`s to him, but no answer!

Help

Marconi is recuperating from back surgery, so he's probably not hanging out online as much for a while!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Thank you for the fast answer. Now everything is clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    Ben;

So the 4.6 : 2.4 : 1 example is 4.6 Red, 2.4 Blue, 1 Green
    The red is based on 635nm or 650nm on 4.6? Dont remember that...
    If you have 660nm, you will need more red??

Pangolin FB3 QS/LivePro/SMS2Laser
    Riya MultiBus
    Pangolin LD2000 Pro

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by cruch View Post
    The red is based on 635nm or 650nm on 4.6? Dont remember that... If you have 660nm, you will need more red??
    Cruch;

You must have missed my original post... Here is a fragment from it (bold added):
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    Actually, the real numbers are 4.6 : 2.4 : 1 to get white. That's based on red at 647 nm (krypton), Blue at 488 nm (argon) and green at 512 nm (also argon).

You are going to be lower in the band on red (660 vs 647), so by the numbers you'll need more red. Likewise, you are slightly higher in the band on blue (473 vs 488) so again, by the numbers you'd want a touch more blue as well. Your green is close enough that you're still at the peak of the eye's sensitivity.
    So yes, for perfect balance when using 660 nm red you need more of it. Likewise, if you are using 635 nm red you need less. The rest of my earlier post lists a few popular color ratios when using 660nm red and 473nm blue.

But, again - good color balance is what looks good to you. So long as you are close, that's probably just fine. Don't get too caught up on being perfectly balanced. (Your software should be able to tweak the balance anyway.)

Adam