Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: maXYZmodules Service and Support

Thumbs up maXYZmodules Service and Support

Just wanted to share my experience, and say that I have had Excellent service with maXYZmodules. I myself, a long time ago fried my second module when I first got it, maXYZmodules fixed it for a small repair fee, (after I told him what I did), he repaired it, and had it back to me in days! I just recently upgraded my old module from TTL, to analogue, and once again excellent service! Thanks !!!!!

Oops Wrong thread could you move to seller review?

Maxy and I thank you
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

Marconi -

I'm about ready to purchase from you guys - check your PM from me.

Thanks!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

PM sent, Thanks Randy
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

Default Order placed...

Marconi -

Order placed a short time ago - I sent a PM with details.

Thanks!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Thumbs up

You will definatly be happy with a set of these!!! I am and only have one.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Cool

I've got a pair of them and I love them. Great value!

Adam

Well, I just ordered the dualkit with one of the modules from the used ones. With no losses from optics, I should get 435mW!!! I assume that would take a 4;1;1 mix to get white? 400mW red, 100 blue, 100 green?
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Cool Re: Color Balance

Actually, the real numbers are 4.6 : 2.4 : 1 to get white. That's based on red at 647 nm (Krypton), Blue at 488 nm (argon) and green at 512 nm (also argon).

You are going to be lower in the band on red (660 vs 647), so by the numbers you'll need more red. Likewise, you are slightly higher in the band on blue (473 vs 488) so again, by the numbers you'd want a touch more blue as well. Your green is close enough that you're still at the peak of the eye's sensitivity.

Having said all that - screw the math! Perfect color balance isn't crucial. So long as you are close, you'll be happy. At the wavelengths you're using, 5 : 2 : 1 is *very* close, and 4 : 1 : 1 is a popular mix that also looks very nice. (Especially when you consider that analog blanking will allow you to tweak the final color balance once you get everything up and running.)

Personally I'm running 4.9 : 1.2 : 1 in my projector. (I'm using the same wavelengths you are.) That's the raw power of the lasers, not accounting for losses through the optics. When you measure right at the output of the projector, my balance is closer to 5.5 : 1.3 : 1 (Since my green goes through both dichros, I loose a lot of green.) I'm running a pair of Maxyz modules, because at 660 nm having lots of red is important. (660 nm red isn't nearly as visible to the eye as the 647 nm red from a krypton laser is, so you need more red if you go with 660.)

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 09-03-2007 at 18:01. Reason: Added color to clarify color ratio order. Green is always last!