Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SPAIN Laserlab BCN ...... Old Gas Lasers Blanes = near Barcelona

Default SPAIN Laserlab BCN ...... Old Gas Lasers Blanes = near Barcelona

Viejos lasers de gas disponible gratis para quien puede recojerlos. (algunos funcionando en 2019)

Old Gas lasers available (must be collected soon) free of charge not up to air but in need of TLC.
    Barcelona Laser Company & I (along with many of my old clients) have gone bust due to Covid & Brexit combo, and it breaks my heart to scrap these old lasers but I can not carry on paying 500€/month rent just to store them and now have no truck to move them to cheaper storage.

Coherent Pure Light + PSU
    Innova70 + PSU
    Cambridge whitelight tube in spectra 164 head + PSU
    2 x lexel3500 (one requires PSU repair the other is was working OK in 2019 requires desinstalling from nearby disco.
    Lexel 95 + PSU working OK in 2019 but requires desinstalling from nearby disco ceiling platform.

Up to air:
    Lexel 95 + PSU

Zeiss Visulas Argon ll

Loads of other gear useful to gas geeks.

I have to clear rented house to move out and now too old and tired to deal with this stuff (too heavy).

Cheers to all old friends at PL ...not had time/energy/opportunity to keep up to speed ...sorry ...
    PS.
    Old mobile and email still working for all those that know them. (Website now empty).
    Lari

If I were anywhere near your area, I'd be stopping by. Unfortunately, I'm in the northeast US. Definitely not in the area :-/ I hope you find someone who can give them a home.

Quote Originally Posted by bradstockdale View Post
    If I were anywhere near your area, I'd be stopping by. Unfortunately, I'm in the northeast US. Definitely not in the area :-/ I hope you find someone who can give them a home.
    So do I mate !
    Especially the surgery unit which comes complete with a photocopy of the workshop manual (Gas versions are way more accurate than new solid state versions), unfortunately not many eye surgeons on PL.
    Thanks for the encouragement, it helps to keep the thread alive and visible.
    Cheers
    PS:
    There used to be a company in Germany that refurbished/regassed laser tubes but I lost their link.
    If any PL member knows how to find them please let me know.
    Thanks

The Visulase II... Is that the model that has the ALC909Z head and a ZPS switch mode PSU? Just curious.

Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?426
    Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?425

@Viktor
    Thanks a bunch Viktor, I was hoping someone like you would notice my posts.
    PS. NIR comment was also useful, I have always worked either in visible & UV or down at the CO2 end of IR so haven't looked at short IR-WLs.
    Where abouts does glass start absorbing noticeably ?
    Cheers L
    Last edited by catalanjo; 08-28-2022 at 04:05.

Quote Originally Posted by bradstockdale View Post
    The Visulase II... Is that the model that has the ALC909Z head and a ZPS switch mode PSU? Just curious.
    Sorry mate, terrible memory and no time to check this right now but will get back if I get time to look, or it pops up into gray matter

Cheers .

Quote Originally Posted by catalanjo View Post
    @Viktor
    Thanks a bunch Viktor, I was hoping someone like you would notice my posts.
    PS. NIR comment was also useful, I have always worked either in visible & UV or down at the CO2 end of IR so haven't looked at short IR-WLs.
    Where abouts does glass start absorbing noticeably ?
    Cheers L
    ... I'm working mostly with NIR-Laserdiodes (up to 270W CW/QCW output @975nm) and fiberlasers (up to some ten kWp @1064nm) - for them glass is totally transparent ... would need dye to absorb some power.

Viktor
    Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?426
    Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?425

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Are you the folks in Espania that did the "Human Movement" plug-in for Pangolin?
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Are you the folks in Espania that did the "Human Movement" plug-in for Pangolin?
    Hi Steve,
    Good to see you are alive and kicking still.
    Fraid not, what we conversed about was "live" quadrature oscilators. You favoured dithering high frequency sources and deviding, and I favoured changing increment step value and recalculating sine value from last cosine value etc. to allow tiny increments for LF-VCO and avoid repetitive point coordinates with MidF-VCO.

I am still trying to find homes for old working gas lasers which I believe is what we have most in common.
    I also want to avoid leaving good laser carcases in the local dump (see: pic) cos it makes me feel seriously BAD.

Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LexelScrapped20-08-22.jpg