Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: noob DJ with a tiny budget

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Your art is somewhat detailed but I think it will work. The best approach would be to use single lines to draw it, rather than tracing the inside and outside edges of the thick black lines. The mirror image trick takes a bit of know-how to do it my app. You can leave a bit of a ragged edge across the center as long as you overshoot it. Then you can clip the whole seam vertically so it's a clean edge. Then you can copy that half and rotate the copy 180 degrees around the Y axis. Once that is done you can fracture all the segments into individual vectors and re-conglomerate them so the lines are all seamless across the center. I realize that's a lot to take in all at once. So your best bet if time is a constraint is to just draw the whole thing in DeltaCAD with a mouse and the polyline tool and save it as dxf. Then put that into the dxf folder of my app directory and open it in my app for optimization and save as ilda. If you go the dxf rout, you'll need to do a best match (from the dxf palette) to the default palette of 63 colors to save it as a typical ilda frame. I'm pretty sure your SD card reader only knows how to read ilda format 0, so you will have to turn on the switch to save 2D as 3D before you save it (ilda format 1 saves as format 0).

This is the DXF I used, output from deltaCAD
    Attached Files Attached Files

... maybe the sequencing of dots/lines is too complex for the program?

Viktor
    Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?426
    Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?425

Quote Originally Posted by VDX View Post
    ... maybe the sequencing of dots/lines is too complex for the program?

Viktor
    I mean it's possible. But I don't really need show editor, I was just using it and quick show to verify the work I did in laserboy when I ran into the issue of nothing projecting from the laser itself

If you draw your dxf in black, you can't see it as laser vector art. Pick a color like red or whatever.

It's probably not the right format of ilda. There are 4 different frame formats.

0 is 3D with pallet indexes.
    1 is 2D ""

4 is 3D with rgb in each vertex
    5 is 2D ""

As far as I know, the sd card reader only reads format 0 and it assumes that the indexes are for the standard 63 color pallet.

When you open it in my app, it should tell you how many ilda sections it found of each type.

I'll take a look at what you have when I get in front of my computer.

Last edited by james; 08-27-2022 at 14:09.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

If you draw your dxf in black, you can't see it as laser vector art. Pick a color like red or whatever.
    I drew the dxf I used in red

It's probably not the right format of ilda. There are 4 different frame formats.

0 is 3D with pallet indexes.
    1 is 2D ""

4 is 3D with rgb in each vertex
    5 is 2D ""

As far as I know, the sd card reader only reads format 0 and it assumes that the indexes are for the standard 63 color pallet.

When you open it in my app, it should tell you how many ilda sections it found of each type.

I'll take a look at what you have when I get in front of my computer.

You are most certainly 'the man' I went back to the start and tried, this time, doing nothing but opening the dxf, optimizing, setting it to save as type 0, and best matching the color. Getting closer, with 1342 vertices and 671 segments, took the file to the laser set the .prg to 20,1 it seems the galvos on this laser are happiest at 15-20 depending on how many points. the result im getting right now from the first .ild file is an image that has (i think ) too-few points and looks like a free-hand skribble. the latest version, im seeing all the points, but they aren't connected. Uploading video- ITS EXCITING to have even a little progress!!https://youtube.com/shorts/nq_HABxtobg?feature=sharehttps://youtube.com/shorts/uyT1PyotdZ4?feature=share
    Last edited by tikigonewild; 08-27-2022 at 15:32.

First one has too few points and the second way too many. It strobes like that because it takes too long to draw all of it. You can tweak all kinds of stuff in the optimization parameters.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

First one has too few points and the second way too many. It strobes like that because it takes too long to draw all of it. You can tweak all kinds of stuff in the optimization parameters.
    I have such a newfound respect for the enthusiasts here... been at this for 6ish hours and this is the best result ive had yet. adding the angle dwell really firmed up the shape, but really added a ton of points, now sitting at 2546 vert and 30 segments ideas welcome..https://youtube.com/shorts/jEszpdYJiEc?feature=share

I have to say, for someone who has apparently never used [redacted] before, you seem to catch on rather quickly.

I bet you're really just me using a different account name trying to create some kind of false narrative to give the impression that [redacted] isn't really all that difficult to use.

Well?

Last edited by james; 08-27-2022 at 18:52.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

I have to say, for someone who has apparently never used [redacted] before, you seem to catch on rather quickly.

I bet you're really just me using a different account name trying to create some kind of false narrative to give the impression that [redacted] isn't really all that difficult to use.

Well?

Haha, engineer by trade... im used to having to jump into a new software and become well enough versed with it in short order to perform a task. Your app is great and Im sure if I wasnt such a newbie to lasers I'd be off to the races by now. Not to mention being a streamer nowadays means you have to be able to troubleshoot any number of things at the drop of a hat. Id still really appreciate you taking a look at my latest file and letting me know if there is something I could be doing better