Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: noob DJ with a tiny budget

Yeah, sure.That's just the kind of thing I'd say. Isn't it? I'm still not convinced.

I will check it out! Got to get through the mindless waste of time after dinner movies and then it's late Saturday night computer time!

Last edited by james; 08-27-2022 at 20:18.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Yeah, sure.That's just the kind of thing I'd say. Isn't it? I'm still not convinced.

I will check it out! Got to get through the mindless waste of time after dinner movies and then it's late Saturday night computer time!

I know the feeling..

Try this one. I imported the settings from ctn.wtf (a settings file for [redacted] that works well with SD card readers that read .ctn files).

A .ctn file is just a renamed ild format 0 with some ascii substitution in the section headers. Leave it to the Chinese to further screw up an already crap file format.

Anyway.....

If you turn on the visual element of vertices you can see that you need to optimize the art. You have long straight lines with no velocity control points along them.

You can go into menu h from main and see what's there or you can save as ctn, with auto optimization and then reopen that and save it as ild as-is (without auto minimize).

Let me know if this work better for you.

You know, just to keep this ruse going....

BTW, your trace of the original art looks great. Really nice job.

Do you know C++? (like I need to ask)

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by james; 08-27-2022 at 21:05.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Quote Originally Posted by tikigonewild View Post
    I know the feeling..
    Yeah, DUH!

Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

Try this one. I imported the settings from ctn.wtf (a settings file for [redacted] that works well with SD card readers that read .ctn files).

A .ctn file is just a renamed ild format 0 with some ascii substitution in the section headers. Leave it to the Chinese to further screw up an already crap file format.

Anyway.....

If you turn on the visual element of vertices you can see that you need to optimize the art. You have long straight lines with no velocity control points along them.

You can go into menu h from main and see what's there or you can save as ctn, with auto optimization and then reopen that and save it as ild as-is (without auto minimize).

Let me know if this work better for you.

You know, just to keep this ruse going....

Do you know C++? (like I need to ask)

[Stares in compiler PTSD] I've been working with python mostly for the last few years between PDMS and Touchdesigner but I'm not unfamiliar with C++

this file is ALMOST there... uploading to Youtube. If my galvs could rock 30-40 it would be good. The lines look CRISP. the question is, can we get it dialed in for this [admittedly] cheap hardware. I shot the video at a proper FPS such that what you see is what I see. I audibly laughed when I read your last response, then had to explain to the lady what I was laughing at... thats on you https://youtube.com/shorts/kPG83I0Z4XA?feature=share

T

I'm confused... I thought the dxf vectorization file came from Viktor, but I can't open that dxf in [redacted].

BTW, nice work Viktor!

Quote Originally Posted by dchammonds View Post
    I'm confused... I thought the dxf vectorization file came from Viktor, but I can't open that dxf in [redacted].

BTW, nice work Viktor!
    If you look at the DXF I originally uploaded, you should see what I've been working with (post #11). Viktors DXF had a strange scaling/sizing. If you open it in a CAD viewer you can see it.

PTSD or a sick sense of humor?

A single frame can be a frame_set if it's the only one.

If "you" apply the frame_set effect "chil" it does the job of stacking up dwell between the lit segments such that the time delay between the laser modulation and the scanners is caught-up in a sloppy way.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

Quote Originally Posted by tikigonewild View Post
    If you look at the DXF I originally uploaded, you should see what I've been working with (post #11). Viktors DXF had a strange scaling/sizing. If you open it in a CAD viewer you can see it.
    I think that's because it was done with a raster to vector converter. Because the original has thick lines, it has to use some kind of fixed choice to get to a single line.

A hand drawn version has human aesthetics.

Again, nice job.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

PTSD or a sick sense of humor?

A single frame can be a frame_set if it's the only one.

If "you" apply the frame_set effect "chil" it does the job of stacking up dwell between the lit segments such that the time delay between the laser modulation and the scanners is caught-up in a sloppy way.
    if (coding) {
    headphones = true;
    rage = 100;
    conversation = null;
    }

then /run fkoff.exe

testing now...