Thread: New format for laser shows - time to upgrade the show production

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1262055260350.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	59313
    I'm sure the news will be here soon.

Content is king. Format is ummm, not...
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by laserist View Post
    x∞ for this statement. I have seen some pretty damn amazing lights with a mirror, a spring, and a 4" woofer. Simplistic but the point is very much there.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Content and format go hand in hand.

I think you may be confusing format with choreography.
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

I think you may be confusing format with choreography.
    No not at all. Imagine how small the open source software community would be if there was only one way to develop software and the cost was high.

I can do you one better, what if all that was real and people still did things with analog electronics that still outshine the digital crap done by that one expensive software company that was catering to the commercial art crowd who just wanted to do a logo? ILDA was the worst thing that ever happened to laser shows. Art doesn't need a standard or a format!

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

I can do you one better, what if all that was real and people still did things with analog electronics that still outshine the digital crap done by that one expensive software company that was catering to the commercial art crowd who just wanted to do a logo? ILDA was the worst thing that ever happened to laser shows. Art doesn't need a standard or a format!
    art may not need a standard, but content tool interoperability does and if you want your laser show orchestra to have more than one instrument you need a way for tools to talk to each other. that's the whole point of the ILDA format. a common standard. the claim that ILDA is the worst thing to happen to laser shows makes exactly no sense.

the worst thing to happen to laser shows is propriety ecosystems and lazy creators.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Your machine does a terrible job washing my clothes!

That because it's a bicycle.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    art may not need a standard, but content tool interoperability does and if you want your laser show orchestra to have more than one instrument you need a way for tools to talk to each other. that's the whole point of the ILDA format. a common standard. the claim that ILDA is the worst thing to happen to laser shows makes exactly no sense.

the worst thing to happen to laser shows is propriety ecosystems and lazy creators.
    Amen to that!