Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Soforene says Hello

Just to add, I've got 2 of the GVG units, one as pictured, one a little older and has a different set of internals. From my hunting I've managed to find out that the galvos and driver boards are the (or very similar to) Scaneco range that Lasershowparts sell, in this case the 15, although my older unit has the 10's i think, despite being marketed at 15.

Not sure on the lasers, the older one is a little dimmer, but I'm hoping to get them measured this month to see exactly what they're putting out. Sold as 100mW.

As for reliability, my first had an older style barrel key which repeatedly blew fuses until replaced. The second unit got delivered with the wrong key. GVG did send a replacement though. Other than that they've been fine.

I should point out that GVG no longer seem to be showing lasers on their site - when i spoke to the lady there about the key I had a brief conversation about how easy it was for people to buy lasers and use them without any prior knowledge. She said they were getting calls about it, becoming more aware of what safety features were required etc. Basically they are a small UK firm buying chinese lighting and laser units to sell on the DJ market, the NFI and Super units lok the same so wouldn't be surprised if they all come from the same OEM. I think they may have realised it's a little out of their depth purely as an importer and stopped before it gets into a sticky situation.

Having said all that, GVG were able to sell the seemingly same product as NFI and the others at the time for about 50-80% less. I paid under £380 for each of mine, so even if they get modded in the future, the case does seem to be pretty sturdy, and the core items are well laid out. They have got a proper solid scanner mount unlike some of the more ropey chinese units.

Oh, i also retuned my scanners and improved the image quite a bit, so there may be more to come from yours.

Here's a couple of pics of the insides of my 2 if anyone wants to play 'spot the part'. As with the other pics, both of my lasers power is unmarked.

I don't yet have my analogue DAC so can't confirm if they're TTL or otherwise, but at that price i suspect TTL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00112.JPG  

DSC00113.JPG  

And here's the older one...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00114.JPG  

DSC00115.JPG  

DSC00116.JPG