Thread: le maitre hazer

Default le maitre hazer

i have a little problem, i purchased this second hand and have used it twice. now the thing won't work, the fan operates and there is fluid being pushed through but no haze. the last time it was used it i was a little drunk so it didn't get turnt off and allowed to clean itself but sure just once woudn't hurt it. anyway has anyone got any suggestions has to what could be wrong and where could i get it fixed, preferably in wiltshire or as close as possible please.

cheers dean

Hmmm how old is the unit?

Is it outputting any amount of haze - like any wisps at all?

There is a common issue with the tube getting clogged, which would be fixed by an in depth cleaning... but it sounds like it might be caused by something else if the failure happened so quickly.

If you take the cover off, you should see a little poky tool thing taped inside the case. They provide this for cleaning the little tube the haze comes out of. Also if you check what the staus led on the back is doing it will tell you if its in a "deep clean" cycle. You can get it to do that by switching the top switch a number of times in quick succesion. I don't have the manual to hand but hope that helps.

-Matt.

the hazer started working again for a couple of gigs, now it's playing up again.when i turn it on the monitor light flashes at a slowish rate then after a while it starts flashing fast and just stay like that for how ever long i leave it switched on. any suggestion.

cheers dean

Hey,

If you try switching the manis switch off, switch the haze switch off, switch the mains on, turn the haze switch on and off 5 times then immediatlly on and see if the pump primes. It should haze a bit. You might see some fluid dripping out of the nozzle onto the sponge. If nothing happens you could see if the internal fuse for the pump has blown. I think it is a 250mA glass fuse or something like that. If it has gone it is possible that the pump or triac that controls it has gone. It could just be clogged still though.

Also, try running it with the romevable cover off (there are no live bits near the fluid bottle.) See if there are any air bubbles in the pipe and if they are moving towards the output at all.

Hope this helps.

-Matt.

Reading the original post the pump appears to be running fine.
    I suspect the fault is with the heater control circuit.
    Again it's unlikely that the heater chamber is faulty as the fault is intermittent.

Jim

Smile

First post, I like the forum in what I've read and think I can help here.

I recently purchased a LeMaitre Nuetron hazer a few months ago used out of a rental pool. I had the same problem, it would start up and puff a bit at start up but then nothing. the fan would run cold and nothing would come out. I used the tool to clean the pipe but it was not clogged. I took it back to have it serviced and inspected and sure enough, the heating element went out. It was only a $110.00 US part but that fixed it.

I hope this helps.