Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laserium CSL projector and control rack

Default Now Sold - Laserium CSL projector and control rack

Thank you everybody for your kind words about my experience. I have secured a trade for equipment for the CSL. It’s very sad to say goodbye to the projector, but it’s also good for my soul. Far too many bad memories.

It pains me to put up for sale this legendary piece of historical hardware but I do not possess the skills or knowledge to bring her back to life. The system and rack are untested by myself however the projector was restored to a degree and the original Lumia section was replaced with the one now in the projector but I cannot say to what point exactly it was restored to. The RYGB section has all scanners and scan glass actuators in place, the Lumia section is missing some components, mainly wheel motors and possibly steerage mirrors, the main RGB section is missing several components including the fibre bundle, scanners and some other optics. The control rack includes power supply, control circuit boards and 2 Neos PCAOM drivers. The crystals are out of the projector in a separate box. Peavey midi controller is also there. I have waited nearly 10 years to take delivery of this system and now with it being incomplete and my little electronics knowledge I cannot see how I personally could ever get her up and running again. If you have the skills and the time to invest and want to own a piece of history, now is your chance. It is with great sadness and disappointment that I have to let her go, but there are reasons to complicated to write here in a ‘for sale’ ad. I am living in Australia but the system is with a very good friend in Ventura, California and must be collected or buyer arranges and pays for collection and delivery. I can only sell the equipment as ‘sold as seen’ and cannot guarantee any functionality unfortunately. Please message with any questions and I will try and answer them as best as I can to my knowledge. Please also submit any offers if you are interested in taking the CSL away. For verification and to confirm I am genuine, I was originally on PL as lasershowsimon but cannot remember my login and the account was linked to my old work email so I couldn’t unlock it and had to create a new account which is called CSL. I have posted photos over the years in the gallery under lasershowsimon, there you can see the projector I was originally expecting to take ownership of. I met Ivan in 2010 after years of correspondence (since I was 13 in 1977) when I first saw Laserium at the London Planetarium where my love of lasers and Laserium began. The back story of how I came to take ownership of the projector is too long to put into words here but happy to divulge via email or phone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 8EB2D7F9-C951-41E6-90B4-B6D870ABC94B.jpeg  

8C4D7DAC-A68E-465C-BA7F-365B0B830C19.jpeg  

C733310F-53AD-470B-8185-FDD73EE614DC.jpeg  

4008795B-2A9B-4A1C-AD14-58EB7D7CAC1D.jpeg  

5746139C-F948-44C3-81D0-AAED1970CCB6.jpeg  

Last edited by lasershowsimon; 12-18-2022 at 00:00.

Apologies if I am misinterpreting your post, but it must be profoundly irritating that someone had you waiting for something (that I assume you paid promptly for) for ten years. Furthermore, it being delivered in non-working / semi-stripped order just adds insult to injury. I hope you find a nice home and recover much of your investment for this piece of history.

-David

P.S. I suspect many of us have a pretty good idea who the offender is.
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Hi David,
    thank you for the kind words. Yes you are 100% correct (unfortunately).
    I do hope she can go to a good home 😞.

Dear Simon,

I'm so sorry, that thing has been turned into complete nightmare. I wouldn't have been able to get something like that running in the time I had in 2013. It's not just the electronics - the RGB scanner(s?) is missing. The Laserium panel is a mess. I suspect the scan panel has been scavenged. Jon owes you a refund.
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

i would guess he owes a lot of people refunds....

Quote Originally Posted by laserist View Post
    Dear Simon,

I'm so sorry, that thing has been turned into complete nightmare. I wouldn't have been able to get something like that running in the time I had in 2013. It's not just the electronics - the RGB scanner(s?) is missing. The Laserium panel is a mess. I suspect the scan panel has been scavenged. Jon owes you a refund.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by laserist View Post
    Dear Simon,

Hi Brian,
    thank you for the post. To say I was upset when I saw what was left for me is an understatement. Anyhow, I’m working on doing a trade for the equipment as it’s just out of my league to resolve sadly. Take care.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I wasn't even three quarters through your post when a flood of ($18.5k worth of) bad memories from the past came roaring back. It reeks of similar details. I'm willing to bet I was once told I might receive THIS projector as a consolation prize after a few year failure to deliver a contracted system (not Laserium related) around the same time period as you describe. This individual is very adept at robbing Peter to pay Paul over and over and over. Sorry for your pain. I relate to it well.
    PM Sent...

Maybe we could do a group/crowd source buy? I do not have enough funds to purchase it outright. ... maybe enough to ship it. This would be nice to have at SELEM.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by cfavreau View Post
    Maybe we could do a group/crowd source buy? I do not have enough funds to purchase it outright. ... maybe enough to ship it. This would be nice to have at SELEM.
    it's a cool bit of very very old tech, but i'm betting it's so distressed that it's not worth it.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Simon,

I'm so sorry that this ended up the way it did. I know the passion you had for Laserium from our previous communications. This makes me very upset you were treated this way.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by lasershowsimon View Post
    It pains me to put up for sale this legendary piece of historical hardware but I do not possess the skills or knowledge to bring her back to life. The system and rack are untested by myself however the projector was restored to a degree and the original Lumia section was replaced with the one now in the projector but I cannot say to what point exactly it was restored to. The RYGB section has all scanners and scan glass actuators in place, the Lumia section is missing some components, mainly wheel motors and possibly steerage mirrors, the main RGB section is missing several components including the fibre bundle, scanners and some other optics. The control rack includes power supply, control circuit boards and 2 Neos PCAOM drivers. The crystals are out of the projector in a separate box. Peavey midi controller is also there. I have waited nearly 10 years to take delivery of this system and now with it being incomplete and my little electronics knowledge I cannot see how I personally could ever get her up and running again. If you have the skills and the time to invest and want to own a piece of history, now is your chance. It is with great sadness and disappointment that I have to let her go, but there are reasons to complicated to write here in a ‘for sale’ ad. I am living in Australia but the system is with a very good friend in Ventura, California and must be collected or buyer arranges and pays for collection and delivery. I can only sell the equipment as ‘sold as seen’ and cannot guarantee any functionality unfortunately. Please message with any questions and I will try and answer them as best as I can to my knowledge. Please also submit any offers if you are interested in taking the CSL away. For verification and to confirm I am genuine, I was originally on PL as lasershowsimon but cannot remember my login and the account was linked to my old work email so I couldn’t unlock it and had to create a new account which is called CSL. I have posted photos over the years in the gallery under lasershowsimon, there you can see the projector I was originally expecting to take ownership of. I met Ivan in 2010 after years of correspondence (since I was 13 in 1977) when I first saw Laserium at the London Planetarium where my love of lasers and Laserium began. The back story of how I came to take ownership of the projector is too long to put into words here but happy to divulge via email or phone.