Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The RGB project officially begins...

Lightbulb

Welcome back, glad you are here safe and sound. You will now begin to shun light and the day time. With all you have to play with you may not make it back outside till Christmas...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Cool

Welcome home, Stuka. Glad to see you made it back safely. Too bad the timing wasn't better; you could have attended FLEM. (But not so soon after returning from a deployment like that!)

Let us know when things calm down and I'll see what I can do about arranging something in NC.

Adam

Thanks, guys- - it's GREAT to be back!

And yep, it looks like I'm hooked on the lasers - I drove to Nashville this weekend to visit my brother and some friends for a welcome-back bonfire / pig roast, and came back with home with 6 more lasers, with offers for more! Crazy hobby, but I'm looking forward to getting DEEP into this over the next few weeks! I expect the remaining $$ components for my projector to arrive this week, so I'm anxious to start building!

Adam -
    It looks like I'll have several free weekends between the first of November and Thanksgiving, so if you guys get an event stirred up during that time frame, let me know, and I'll be ready for the road trip! Maybe you can demonstrate the knife-edge mirror technique for combining the beams of all those HeNe tubes that seem to have found their way onto the workbench
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Cool

Shoot me a PM w/ your phone number. I might be able to set something up for Charlotte this coming weekend.

Adam

A Pig Roast with lasers shooting thru the smoke would be the bomb..man..ohh boy... would I like to be there to see that happin'
    -oops
    well shit--I cant say bomb to be politicilly correct-- i'm really tired of this terrorist shit.. sorry feds..uh huh.. uh huh..

Funny you should mention that -

A big part of the roast is a HUGE bonfire - this year's stack of scrap timber and lumber was at least 12' high and 20' in diameter, and once the flames took hold they were easily 40 to 45' high! The owner and my brother (co-hosts of the annual event) are into "creative" ways to light the fire, and a chain-reaction started by a laser burn is already being discussed for next year's event!

And yes, the smoky atmosphere+beer did make for some cheap quick entertainment with the store-bought green laser pointer
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....