Thread: GM20's Actuator or similar

Default GM20's Actuator or similar

GM20's Actuator or similar
    is just what I'm looking for, links, or perhaps someone has about 4 I could buy? or even something similar?
    Thanks, big time.
    Lasers, Lights, Music, Action!

"There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

I have a bag of EM-20 which I got from Steve which I doubt I will be using any time soon. I paid recently for them though, so I'd ask something for them. What are you going to drive the devices with?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails GS_EM_20.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I have a bag of EM-20 which I got from Steve which I doubt I will be using any time soon. I paid recently for them though, so I'd ask something for them. What are you going to drive the devices with?
    I have a few solid-state relays and it will connect to the StanWax ilda board shutter pins port, trying to make my box FDA Complient

Why not just use the relay to turn off the power to the laser diode driver? If it does not have big caps on it it should power down to nothing quickly. The DC power going to the laser driver(s). I do no think (someone will correct me I am sure) that the rules require a mechanical shutter specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserGuy216 View Post
    I have a few solid-state relays and it will connect to the StanWax ilda board shutter pins port, trying to make my box FDA Complient

I have some gm20’s

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    well I was in a mad rush to get a shutter going, but I have just figured out a workaround, so I believe the fire has been put out, I just wanted to make sure I was 100% compliant for big brother.

thanks tho for reaching out

Quote Originally Posted by LaserGuy216 View Post
    well I was in a mad rush to get a shutter going, but I have just figured out a workaround, so I believe the fire has been put out, I just wanted to make sure I was 100% compliant for big brother.

thanks tho for reaching out
    Curious to know for all of us reading along what the workaround is?

Me as well as I might be looking for a shutter or options to do the same. My safety is also killing the power as well.
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

Quote Originally Posted by Draco View Post
    Me as well as I might be looking for a shutter or options to do the same. My safety is also killing the power as well.
    Just thought it was worth mentioning that GM-20's and clones are not the only actuator worth using. Pangolin makes the VRAD (like Compact 506 without feedback), rotary solenoids, linear solenoids, and there are also more DIY routes.