Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Liberation professional laser software - coming soon

Default Liberation professional laser software - coming soon

Just in case anyone here was unaware and interested, my friend SebLee is developing a professional laser app.
    Its gonna be available soon but if you want you can sign up to the mailing list (follow the link below) so that when any news comes out you will hear about it first.
    https://liberationlaser.com/
    Get ready to be liberated!
    Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

I looked at the opening of this software yesterday, but found little information other than pricing and that it only runs on Mac at this time. Did anyone see details of the actual software and it's features?
    1st Place Laser Jockey ILDA 2013-15, working for the ultimate fusion of lasers and music

Quote Originally Posted by LaserWizard View Post
    I looked at the opening of this software yesterday, but found little information other than pricing and that it only runs on Mac at this time. Did anyone see details of the actual software and it's features?

Here's a short demo video: https://youtu.be/dw66hh5WJiQ

It's crowd funded via Patreon.

(340) Liberation next gen laser software launch announcement - YouTube

There are different montlhy tiers based on who you are: Seb Lee-Delisle | Liberation laser show software | Patreon

Cool idea.

Has he said anything about offering a one-time purchase option? I get that the subscription model works for some people, but for a large portion of the hobbyist community, a single purchase is often easier to justify. (Particularly if they already have other software they own and are not ready to completely ditch their existing solution.)

Also, I didn't see anything about which controllers it supports. Did I just miss that in the video?

Wish this guy wasn't so far away... Would be awesome to have him at SELEM!

Adam

I think the purchasing model works for him best. Especially since this is still beta software and still under development. Pay once doesn't work really well when you are trying to derive a salary from it especially in the early stages I think.

Anything that the OfxLaser library supports: EtherDream, Helios, LaserDock (LaserCube), IDN, and coming soon Mercury.

User interface controllers: primarily geared towards the APC? with other midi controllers supported.

The creator has several videos about it, you just have to go to his youtube channel and find them.

Yeah, I subscribed to his newsletter, and the latest email linked to a video that briefly mentioned hardware, including the plan to support the X-Laser Mercury controller.

Good to know that Etherdream is also supported though. Laserdock is nice, but as they aren't selling the stand-alone unit anymore, that is really only useful to LaserCube owners.

I understand his desire to use the Patreon funds to support further development, but I'm also hesitant to sign up for a monthly fee for the Windows version when he freely admits that it's not ready for prime time yet. It would be an easier decision if I used the Mac, but alas, back when the Amiga died and I was forced to change platforms I made the switch to the dark side, and at this point I'm hopelessly bound to the Win-tel architecture...

Eh, we'll see. I might give it a shot anyway, just to support the dude. I admit that I'm fond of the concept he's put forward.

Adam

Very briefly he had a $4/£3 Donation level on Patreon, but then it quickly disappeared.

I don't know if he set a limit on the number of contributors at that level or if he just removed it for some reason.

I was willing to contribute at that level just to support the project, but I can't do it at the current "Beginner" level.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    It would be an easier decision if I used the Mac, but alas, back when the Amiga died and I was forced to change platforms I made the switch to the dark side, and at this point I'm hopelessly bound to the Win-tel architecture...
    This kills it for me, as well. My Windows laser PC is a 19" rack mounted machine and nested in my road case with a few audio amps and DMX controller. It is less likely to walk off vs a Macbook or Mac mini. For this reason, Macs are completely out of the picture.

Meh... I'll stick with what I have. I am curious how abstracts will look with this software, though.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

I am super curious how the abstracts will look too! No one has quite take the place of LSX yet for that kind of fun/flexibility.

Hopefully someone is able to bring a instance of Liberation to SELEM. ;-)