Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mamba Black Version 1.80 Now Available !

Default Mamba Black Version 1.80 Now Available !

Hi all

I've just been on the MediaLas website and noticed that mamba Black 1.80 is now available for download.

I can't wait to get home from the office to download it and see what's new. Hopefully all the bugs (or should I say undocumented features) in the last version will have been taken care of. Let's also hope there are a few enhancements too, as a jump from version 1.72 to version 1.80 must surely mean a significant upgrade. We might even get Vista compatability - here's hoping

Cheers

Jem

Hmmm... Looks like it's mainly 'minor' ish changes, still, got to give the new programmer time to get to grips with the code

Here's a section of the changelog...

Changelog for Mamba 1.80 Build 838

- Changed behaviour of "Invert Y" logic - if your laser output moves down instead of up now, please toggle the checkbox.

- Added a messagebox after saving a releaseable show with the full path to the show files

- Fixed a small problem with the update check

- Changed the color of the inactive time display segments to improve readability

- Removed useless buttons from progress dialog - user could "close" the progress dialog which doesn't make sense

- Fixed a bug where Mamba would ask for a serial number when creating a releaseable show even if the checkbox was unchecked

- Changed menu item style for disabled items in demo mode to become more intuitive

Changelog for Mamba 1.80 Build 807

- several GUI changes and fixes

Changelog for Mamba 1.80 Build 800

- Beefed up the time display that shows the running time of a show

- Improved Mamba's behaviour when shows or framelists from the MRU lists become unavailable

Changelog for Mamba 1.80 Build 781

- Added reminder for the user when running in demo mode

Changelog for Mamba 1.80 Build 773

- Fixed a problem with the update check when no internet connection was available

Changelog for Mamba 1.80 Build 765

- Added a warning message about current problems with WinAMP 5.x plugins.

- Corrected behaviour of "Visualise Music" checkbox in the "General Settings" dialog.

- Mamba now saves the previous directory location for all "Open File" and "Save as..." dialogs in its configuration file

- changed Mamba configuration file setup slightly (moved Winamp path into 'Paths' section)

- Mamba can now check for updates (can be configured in "General Settings")

Changelog for Mamba 1.73 Build 720

- Using the menu (File, Exit) wouldn't exit Mamba when a show was running

- Fixed a synchronization bug where show playback would skip and jump terribly

- Fixed a bug where the layers in the layer selector could vanish

- Changed Winamp detection to be more reliable for non-default installations of Winamp

Changelog for Mamba 1.72 Build 661

- Fixed logical projector settings dialog

- Fixed non-functional context menu item "set to zero" for rotation wheels
    Last edited by Jem; 04-25-2007 at 05:19. Reason: Added changelog

its still not loading music with a show

Rob

Whooo
    It does do a better job of selecting a scene - just like I hoped it would

Rob

Rob

Is it me or is it possible to set the scan angle wider in this version. It's just that i'd set the pot on the scanamps to project approx 2 feet square. I loaded the new software and the image is much bigger, i've not changed anything in the hardware ???

It also seems more stable so far and less jumpy. There's also the nice little digital timer (not really quite sure what it does, but hey, it looks pretty

Let me know if you find anything interesting.

Cheers

Jem

Yeah the display is pretty - it replaces the tiny almost un-noticable one that used to reside in the lower left of the interface.
    I havent tried it through the scanners yet - been in the garage all night working on my projector.

Anyway if you wanna see something really scary with that display put an audio cd in and select a tract to play with a show - the dispaly will go CRAZY!

Will letcha know when Ive had a play

Rob

Ps well spotted today

I'm entirely new to Mamba Black (just got it in the mail today actually) and I'm having Vista problems installing the dongle; I imagine this is no surprise to those who have been using it (based off the first message), and I imagine there is no fix other than to moving to XP? I've been contemplating this ever since I got this blasted laptop (I can't stand Vista at all) but I just wanted to make sure it was necessary before attempting it.
    Last edited by BoomDog; 04-27-2007 at 22:32.

Hi BoomDog

Unfortunately, Vista is a bit of a problem with Mamba. Having said that, I understand that Medialas now have a new programmmer who is addressing many issues with mamba.

The first thing is to ensure you are running the latest version (1.80), this can be downloaded from the Medialas website. You will also find on the website updated Dongle drivers you also need to upgrade these to the new version which WILL work under Vista with no problems. I assume by now that the Dongle drivers that are available on the Medials site are the same ones i'm using which i downloaded straight from the Dongle manufacturer beofre they were available on the Medialas site.

Next, you'll no doubt have come across the Vista UAC kicking in each time you start the program. First thing you need to do is tell the program to run in XP compatibility mode. You will then need to start it in Administrator mode (right click on the Mamba shortcut and choose run in Administrator Mode).

After doing all this you will pretty much be at the stage i'm at. I've found lots of different issues with running Mamba on the Vista Laptop (The last one was a blanked rectangle in the middle of every show which appeared for no reason!). I gave up on Mamba/Vista at version 1.72 of Mamba and I haven't tried version 1.80 as yet. As I said, there is a new programmer working on the programme and I suspect that all these issues will soon be fixed.

I'm quite fortunate in that I still have my trusty old XP laptop which i've currently reverted to. If I get any further i'll post the results here. Likewise please do the same.

Hope some of this information helps.

Cheers

Jem

Thanks Jem, yes I've downloaded version 1.80, and the dongle drivers on the site were the exact same as the ones on my CD, which failed to work. I can only run in demo mode on my laptop, so yea I can't even install the dongle. It's okay though, I can obtain a $20 license of XP as a student, and I've been looking forward to actually unleashing my laptop from the burden that is Vista. I really don't see the benefits of it other than it looking a little prettier and having ad-hoc networking, which I didn't buy it for.

I appreciate the info very much. I suppose it's time to reformat under XP. Lasershows were the reason I got the laptop in the first place, so until they develop Vista drivers (and maybe even after they do) I will stick with XP. Thanks!

Default Mamba Black 1.80

1.8 certainly seems a lot more stable than any previous version I've used - I found with 1.7x I was exiting via a crash 80% of the time, and I haven't had one yet with 1.80. I have noticed that it seems to leave a process running after exiting though, so you need to go into task manager and kill it unless you are shutting down.

Re. the Vista probs: why not try downloading the Microsoft Virtual PC

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/pro...c/default.mspx

and load XP in that?
    If you are using Mamba for a show you really want the cleanest environment possible, no virus/anti-virus rubbish running, no dodgy system extensions.
    Last edited by pbolger; 04-29-2007 at 05:03.

Hi there,

as somebody mentioned before, there is a new keeper in the snake house taking care of the Mamba now (Yeah, that's me)

It's great to see that all the hard work during the last weeks resulted in some positive feedback from you who benchmark Mamba in the real world. And still it's only the tip of the iceberg that you can see - most of the changes take place "behind the scenes". I feel a bit like Heracles dealing with the fifth labor

I am particularly interested in that process that keeps running after you close Mamba - what's its name? I can't reproduce it here, maybe you could check if you can and list all the necessary steps? Feel free to PM me with the details, I realize it may be a bit OT here