Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2023 Sign Up Thread (SELEM 16!)

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    I've never stayed at an AirBnB. That one in Patriots Glen looks nice!
    That does look nice. I've stayed at AirBNBs many times for SELEM (in Newton) and NELEM.

They're a good option to hotels -- but depending on the area, not always less expensive. And there's rarely a "NB" at AirBNBs.

Looking at my trip history, I've used AirBNB 15 times with all good experiences.

I'm planning to be there, but I'm not ready to register yet until I get some other details in order. I appreciate the change in scheduling to hopefully bring more SELEM-focused programming back.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by Afturmath View Post
    I'm planning to be there, but I'm not ready to register yet until I get some other details in order. I appreciate the change in scheduling to hopefully bring more SELEM-focused programming back.
    you have to come. that's the rule.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Afturmath View Post
    I'm planning to be there
    Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    you have to come. that's the rule.
    Indeed! Resistance is futile! No one ever escapes... (Just ask DZ about the time he tried to get out of lasers and was sucked back in by peer pressure alone.)

I appreciate the change in scheduling to hopefully bring more SELEM-focused programming back.
    We received a lot of feedback about last year's schedule, and yeah, in hindsight it was poorly planned. That's on me, and I apologize for my short-sightedness.

Fortunately, with the changes we've implemented, we can avoid those distracting issues this year while still providing the venue with a great show (to help build goodwill) and also allowing some of our laserists to show off their skills to the general public.

As an added benefit, moving the show ahead of SELEM will remove the time pressure on load-out day (Friday), and load-in day (Sunday) should go a bit smoother too, since we will already have some of the gear moved in and set up from the show the day before. (That means we might actually make it to our dinner party reservation on time for once!)

Adam

A little late to the game, but I'm paid.
    See you all in a few months!!

I’ll be there. Just have to figure out how to get there and where to stay but I’ll do my best to show this year.

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    Sure, twist my arm (again).

Not sure what I see in hanging out with all you

If anyone is interested in sharing an AirBNB, there are several nearby for between $75 and $132 per night, including taxes and fees. For instance, these are all about 10 minutes away from the venue:

5 Bedrooms/5 people - $132/night: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/5321953...out=2023-08-12

3 br/3 people - $92/night: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/4884445...had0l&guests=3

3br/3 people: - $92/night: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/4447408...pnv%2BAEWZVfim (in Patriots Glen golf course)

2br/2 people: - $75/night: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/4812375...LfACWgERfq2Fsk

Some of those above have a bedroom with two double beds, so if people are further interested in sharing a room, it's even less for people to share one room.
    I'm also thinking AirBNB this year, I'm bringing a friend with me so add 2 bedrooms. I don't know if anyone has replied to you yet but let me know
    ...Coherent Creativity...

Quote Originally Posted by LaserLotus View Post
    I'm also thinking AirBNB this year, I'm bringing a friend with me so add 2 bedrooms. I don't know if anyone has replied to you yet but let me know
    You're the first to show interest in an AirBNB.

If it's just two of you, you might consider the 2br option which is also the least expensive: https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/...416768?lang=en

What is upppp! I will register and size XL.

I will probably come up on the setup Sunday to help out and dinner and stuff, then return home and come back maybe Wednesday night or something? Trying to figure out how much work leave I can burn, need it for family stuff and such.

Also, I still have the nice pile of LaserWave DPSS systems that I would like to hand off to another geek. $500, mentioned on another post. 3 x 210 heads, one has KTP doubled green output, I think others are IR. Q-Switched, one umbilical for the 210 heads, 3 210 heads. Full lab chiller for them w/ water filter and hose.) Extra diodes and YAG rods and heads from optics. Documentation, 3 digital power supplies but only one umbilical cable as mentioned. Extra optics for the heads (People keep messaging me, the optics are optics for the heads not like MM1 mounts that are external.) Also there is a 110 head and power supply. Two Q-Switch drivers included. This was some of the equipment used by LaserWave to make LaserWave heads I think. I don't want to haul it anywhere without a buyer. I am passing it along, got it from a local who bought it all directly from company when company was acquired, but the goal is no profit just re-homing to another geek.
    Modern and Retro laser show hobbyist
    Pangolin QM16, QM32, Beyond Adv, LSX, ADAT, FB3, FB4
    LS Pluto II x 2, custom build x 1
    http://lasershowwiki.757.org for my all encompassing laser show wiki.

Default SELEM Logo?

Anyone have an idea for this year's logo?

Adam