Thread: New product announcement: ILDA to HDMI adapters

Default New product announcement: ILDA to HDMI adapters

Hello everyone!

I want to announce a new product that I've been working on for several months now.

Nearly everyone hates ILDA cables and the dreaded 'fish-hooks'. I figured there had to be a 'better way'. So I searched through dozens of different possible replacement connectors and found that the HDMI connector was a near perfect solution to this problem.

I've created a web-page to describe the technical details of these new adapters here:

ILDA-to-HDMI adapter products -- 'HLR' Adapters

In a nutshell, these adapters do not convert the analog ILDA signal to digital HDMI signals. These adapters are simply using the standard HDMI connectors to transport the existing analog ILDA signals using a single standard HDMI cable up to 400 feet.

These adapters connect directly to each DAC/Source and laser projector -- no ILDA cable needed. And use a single off-the-shelf HDMI cable to replace the ILDA cable between each device/adapter.

Female HDMI->ILDA adapter for projectors
    -- has two HDMI ports for splitting the ILDA signal off to another projector. These can be daisy-chained for multiple projectors. Each adapter has X and Y invert switches to flip the signal locally at the projector, in case the projector doesn't have its own invert switches.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	female1a.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	131.7 KB 
ID:	60218

Male ILDA->HDMI adapter for DACs/sources:

Name:	male1.JPG 
Size:	126.9 KB 
ID:	60217

Combo ILDA<->HDMI multi-purpose adapter:

Name:	mf2.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	104.3 KB 
ID:	60219

And one of the most common remarks I've received on these is that there is no way to capture the HDMI cable to the adapter. But there is. All HLR adapters support off-the-shelf HDMI capture clips like below:

Name:	female-clipa.JPG 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	60220

Name:	female-clipb.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	120.6 KB 
ID:	60221

These adapters have been successfully used recently at several laser art exhibits and concert venues.

I'd love to hear what people think and if anyone has any questions, comments, or feedback. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    Hello everyone!

I want to announce a new product that I've been working on for several months now.

Nearly everyone hates ILDA cables and the dreaded 'fish-hooks'. I figured there had to be a 'better way'. So I searched through dozens of different possible replacement connectors and found that the HDMI connector was a near perfect solution to this problem.

I've created a web-page to describe the technical details of these new adapters here:

ILDA-to-HDMI adapter products -- 'HLR' Adapters

In a nutshell, these adapters do not convert the analog ILDA signal to digital HDMI signals. These adapters are simply using the standard HDMI connectors to transport the existing analog ILDA signals using a single standard HDMI cable up to 400 feet.

These adapters connect directly to each DAC/Source and laser projector -- no ILDA cable needed. And use a single off-the-shelf HDMI cable to replace the ILDA cable between each device/adapter.

Female HDMI->ILDA adapter for projectors
    -- has two HDMI ports for splitting the ILDA signal off to another projector. These can be daisy-chained for multiple projectors. Each adapter has X and Y invert switches to flip the signal locally at the projector, in case the projector doesn't have its own invert switches.

Name:	female1a.JPG 
Size:	131.7 KB 
ID:	60218

Male ILDA->HDMI adapter for DACs/sources:

Name:	male1.JPG 
Size:	126.9 KB 
ID:	60217

Combo ILDA<->HDMI multi-purpose adapter:

Name:	mf2.JPG 
Size:	104.3 KB 
ID:	60219

And one of the most common remarks I've received on these is that there is no way to capture the HDMI cable to the adapter. But there is. All HLR adapters support off-the-shelf HDMI capture clips like below:

Name:	female-clipa.JPG 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	60220

Name:	female-clipb.JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	120.6 KB 
ID:	60221

These adapters have been successfully used recently at several laser art exhibits and concert venues.

I'd love to hear what people think and if anyone has any questions, comments, or feedback. Thanks.

What an awesome idea!

Quote Originally Posted by dchammonds View Post
    What an awesome idea!
    Thank you!

……

Great idea. It's a shame that ILDA as an organization isn't coming up with and promoting ideas for more modern connectors and things.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    Great idea. It's a shame that ILDA as an organization isn't coming up with and promoting ideas for more modern connectors and things.
    Well, ILDA is promoting IDN, which is the ILDA digital network protocol. Having said that, Hanks adapters are awesome.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.