Thread: Transport de PEROXIDETHUNDER au musée du transport à Luzern.

Default Transport de PEROXIDETHUNDER au musée du transport à Luzern.

Voici quelques photos de la voiture fusée PEROXIDETHUNDER qui va être exposée au musée du transport à Luzern. http://s848664668.onlinehome.fr/Word...ethunder-2023/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20230606_100126 (2).jpg  

Someone just raised the bar for SELEM.

Holy crap! That thing is basically a go-cart with a fiberglass aero-shell around it, and a hydrogen peroxide + jet fuel rocket sticking out the back that delivers 4,200 pounds of thrust! (Did I mention that the whole thing only weighs 560 pounds, including the pilot?)

Zero to 450 miles per hour in less than 5 seconds... 7.5 G's max acceleration...

This thing is crazy! Imagine a sidewinder missile strapped to a skateboard...

Adam

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Yeah, but catalytic decomposition raises the bar, then add basically ultra pure stabilized kerosene for the "afterburner".
    The mechanical design is important as well, all the thrust in the world is great, but staying on the track is very important.

High Test Peroxide would be difficult to get in Delaware for SELEM.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post

High Test Peroxide would be difficult to get in Delaware for SELEM.

Steve
    well…..maybe for some folk but not others….

Even if we could source the concentrated hydrogen peroxide and the purified kerosene (RP1 anyone?) to fuel this thing, there's no way we'd find anyone crazy enough to pilot it at SELEM! (Seriously - can you imagine wiping out in a go-cart at 450 mph? I'm thinking meat-crayon...)

I'm wondering how he's going to keep those tiny go-cart tires from exploding at top speed. If the tires are 12 inches in diameter, at 450 mph they will be rotating at 210 revolutions PER SECOND.

Probably just as well that it's currently located across the Atlantic from us...

I wish that guy all the luck in the world - mostly because I think he's going to need it!

Adam

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Even if we could source the concentrated hydrogen peroxide and the purified kerosene (RP1 anyone?) to fuel this thing, there's no way we'd find anyone crazy enough to pilot it at SELEM! (Seriously - can you imagine wiping out in a go-cart at 450 mph? I'm thinking meat-crayon...)

I'm wondering how he's going to keep those tiny go-cart tires from exploding at top speed. If the tires are 12 inches in diameter, at 450 mph they will be rotating at 210 revolutions PER SECOND.

Probably just as well that it's currently located across the Atlantic from us...

I wish that guy all the luck in the world - mostly because I think he's going to need it!

Adam
    "meat crayon" was my favorite 80's punk band.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    there's no way we'd find anyone crazy enough to pilot it at SELEM!
    I don't know -- I could see Lazerjock doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    I don't know -- I could see Lazerjock doing it.
    I say start on land and go out to sea. Skip over the surface and hope it’s a calm day. Opps….how to get back…fish food.

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    I say start on land and go out to sea. Skip over the surface and hope it’s a calm day. Opps….how to get back…fish food.
    ... embed some expandable wings and flaps, then simply take off and fly back

Viktor
    Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?426
    Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?425