Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DIY DB25 - RJ45 converter

Default DIY DB25 - RJ45 converter

I am sorry If there are already bunch of threads related to this, I have done few searching for some keyword and didn't work out well.
    I am new to laser systems, and after some little research I found the need for the DAC and also a Converter as my laser device doesn't have DB25 port but only RJ45, funny thing is that shop I purchased don't have any knowledge related to their device, and I found that was a total waste of time asking technical specs through their assistant. finally made it up here,

I would like make my own DB25 - RJ45 converter (for FB3 maybe because the laser ASSUMED to be made dedicated for FB3), but I could not find any of pin map.

I know there are plenty of converters out there, and the thing is I bought it, and it is being shipped already. but shipping still going to take a week also it took me about 50$ for four of them and I think that is nonsense,

so I would to know if there are some attempts or datasheet around anywhere
    Thank you

EDIT: apparently FB4 was using the real Ethernet , And I think only the factory knows the answer.
    Last edited by area51t; 07-20-2023 at 03:48.

Where are you located and what laser did you buy?

Posting photos of what you bought, especially the connectors image input, power, etc. would be helpful.

If your projector only has the RJ-45 connector for image signal input then it is a fair bet that it is a 100MB Ethernet connection that feeds the built-in DAC via the Ethernet connection and RGB inputs.

Quote Originally Posted by lasermaster1977 View Post
    If your projector only has the RJ-45 connector for image signal input then it is a fair bet that it is a 100MB Ethernet connection that feeds the built-in DAC via the Ethernet connection and RGB inputs.
    I doubt it's an actual Ethernet connection. How many projectors have an internal ethernet DAC? And if it were, don't you think what kind of DAC it has (Etherdream,Helios, etc) would be documented somewhere?

No, to me it sounds like a cheap chinese laser projector using a single RJ45 for the analog signaling.. and even then, only single-ended (10V P-P), because you'd need two RJ45s to do a full ILDA signal.

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    I doubt it's an actual Ethernet connection. How many projectors have an internal ethernet DAC? And if it were, don't you think what kind of DAC it has (Etherdream,Helios, etc) would be documented somewhere?

No, to me it sounds like a cheap chinese laser projector using a single RJ45 for the analog signaling.. and even then, only single-ended (10V P-P), because you'd need two RJ45s to do a full ILDA signal.

You probably know best.

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    I doubt it's an actual Ethernet connection. How many projectors have an internal ethernet DAC?
    Perhaps it's for streaming Netflix or Hulu.

Quote Originally Posted by dchammonds View Post
    Perhaps it's for streaming Netflix or Hulu.
    Yeah but, both of those services start with capital letters.............there are no capital letters in Chinese. ;-)

Attachment 60526well I could not get the pin map but I have got my converter shipped and currently using it.
    kinda ditched the idea to make my own converter

as HankLloydRight said that is ILDA and probably without R- G- B- pin and many more

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vsrhrvr.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	121.9 KB 
ID:	60527Attachment 60525Attachment 60526Attachment 60526
    this is an Image That I found from Banggood, It wouldn't be universal but Probably universal for the Laser that use RJ45 ports

Quote Originally Posted by area51t View Post
    Attachment 60526well I could not get the pin map but I have got my converter shipped and currently using it.
    kinda ditched the idea to make my own converter

as HankLloydRight said that is ILDA and probably without R- G- B- pin and many more

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vsrhrvr.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	121.9 KB 
ID:	60527Attachment 60525Attachment 60526Attachment 60526
    this is an Image That I found from Banggood, It wouldn't be universal but Probably universal for the Laser that use RJ45 ports
    Thanks for posting your photo.

To be sure, the RJ-45 8-connector jack has all of the "important" laser projector connector pins that matter, ILDA or otherwise. To wit:
    1. + X
    2. - X
    3. +y
    4. -Y
    5. Gnd
    6. R (analog or TTL 0-5v)
    7. G (analog or TTL 0-5v)
    8. B (analog or TTL 0-5v)

That there is no "ILDA Shutter" control pin is the only thing missing from the ILDA Format 5 variant.

Glad your converter is working!

as they are not using 'All the signals' do you think there could be a flaw that can be caused by it?