Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Amazing Laser Show I filmed in Holland

addictive: you are damn lucky living in NL.
    Have been there few times on TranceEnergy and Sensation
    WOW, that really ROXX BIGTIME!!!

Best parties I ever has been on!

Pangolin FB3 QS/LivePro/SMS2Laser
    Riya MultiBus
    Pangolin LD2000 Pro

I've been zapped a few times by diffractions from an Argon that was about 5-7 watts and more recently by my 5 watt Neod:YAG D.P.S.S. while tuning. I don't show any particular symptoms of retina burn (floaters etc) but whenever I think about it, my eyes actually ache as if I've been hit with a laser.

There was a stage set up at a music festival this summer with multiple small D.P.S.S. lasers (±50mW) set up in the trees, shooting down at the audience... I avoided that stage because I kept getting flashed in the eye and I swear my brain was saying something like "Danger! Danger!"... It didn't help to look over at my fiance and see lines being drawn across her face that hit her eyes too.

Anyway, I own a nice little pair of 532nm goggles, so I can sleep at night whenever I work on my laser.

-Jonathan Rehm
    Platinum Graphics

Been on the receiving end of 10W argon with no problems.

Default the netherlands

Sometimes I wish i lived in the netherlands.. or at least europe.. their parties are 1,000 times better than here in the states.. There was also a full color laser show at the main stage which i didn't get to see, because I was at the other stage, and had no idea it was going on. Too bad it only went to 11:00 and it doesn't get dark until 10:00. I can't wait to go back and go to another event like Sensation or Qlimax.
    - instinct

Sometimes I wish I lived in Europe also ;( I used to LD a show called rave on the rocks at red rocks amphitheatre in Denver (10,000 people) they were awesome shows with no problems. But Denver (owns red rocks) Freaked out because it it had the word "rave" in it, and as we all know that only thing that happens at "raves" is underage kids buying drugs.

If you tried to throw a party like that here in the states now the DEA or some other federal agency would shut it down so fast it would make your head spin.
    One time we did a tiny 500 people show as a favor in the middle of nowhere Wyoming in a farmers field and there were 30 cops at one point searching cars coming in, and trolling for DUI going out. Ugh.

You are free to do as we tell you.

Chad
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 108-0818_IMG.JPG  

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

I also live in the Netherlands. Last weekend I did the light operating at a house-party called "Q-base" at Airport Weeze in Germany. Lasershow was also done by Laser Image. I'll try to upload a video soon.
    Last edited by JeroenVDV; 09-12-2007 at 05:05.

Those shows are great .... they were done by Hugo Bunk of laser image, i met him a couple of years ago in Rimini , and he is one of the most respected and creative laser artists in the world, and a really nice guy

all the best .... Karl.

Quote Originally Posted by Banthai View Post
    Those shows are great .... they were done by Hugo Bunk of laser image, i met him a couple of years ago in Rimini , and he is one of the most respected and creative laser artists in the world, and a really nice guy
    Actually, those shows are not all done by Hugo. He has several guys working for him (on Q-base, the mainstage was operated by Jeroen of Laser-Image for example).

Quote Originally Posted by cruch View Post
    addictive: you are damn lucky living in NL.
    Have been there few times on TranceEnergy and Sensation
    WOW, that really ROXX BIGTIME!!!

Best parties I ever has been on!
    Been at sensation white this year, and last year. Two excellent parties!

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    Sometimes I wish I lived in Europe also ;( I used to LD a show called rave on the rocks at red rocks amphitheatre in Denver (10,000 people) they were awesome shows with no problems. But Denver (owns red rocks) Freaked out because it it had the word "rave" in it, and as we all know that only thing that happens at "raves" is underage kids buying drugs.

If you tried to throw a party like that here in the states now the DEA or some other federal agency would shut it down so fast it would make your head spin.
    One time we did a tiny 500 people show as a favor in the middle of nowhere Wyoming in a farmers field and there were 30 cops at one point searching cars coming in, and trolling for DUI going out. Ugh.

You are free to do as we tell you.

Chad
    ugh.. i hate uniformed people.. and the media sometimes.
    - instinct