Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beam divergence is too low

Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    No beam will come to a dangerous focus if the convergence is gradual enough
    As long as the focal point is not where people are, yes.

I built an expander telescope with up to a 5 inch diameter exit beam. At some given setting anyone within a few hundred feet was safe, but the beam could converge into a 0.2 inch dot at 400+ feet away that smoked paper.

here is a very dangerous example of crowd scanning apparently this company(guy) did this show the week before i worked at the same club (different promoter) not only is his show very dangerous but he is basically a bottom feeder i found out through my sources that he only charges $300 to bring out 6 projectors its people like this who are going to ruin the market for every one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaP6ARMSzfE

--
    John
    VJ AIWAZ

That does not look good.

The projector with the four emitters looks like a commercial product. If it's Chinese it could be anything, but there's an American product that looks like it (forget the name) that uses 5 or 10mw fat beams. I hope that's what it was.

Those people's pupils were probably more dilated than normal too

Lightbulb

Yea, the four beam, two green, two red, looks to be the 4.95mW set up... Looked like it was doing the same animation over and over again. He probably charges $300 because that is all it cost to buy those projectors. Did you get any opinions of his show? If the clubers liked it... what you gonna do?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

there is no way that those are less than 50mw each i used a 1/2 rgb set up and it looked just about as bright in that same room basically that club uses a lot of smoke yea i know that's a good thing but 5mw would not even cut through it i think that they are Chinese 50-100mw setups (especially the red would not cut the smoke)

that's what i thought it is one of the bottom 2 and after a Little more research i found a flyer to an up and coming show where they are claiming that there will be 20 projectors

http://www.bubblecrew.net/mojobojo.htm

my main gripe is not the loss of business because i have worked with a lot of the same promoters and they are for the most part cheap and want me to bring every piece of video and laser equipment i have for next to nothing so i turn them down
    but my problem is that i worked in the club the weekend ( and set up a very safe show not only not crowd scanning but also checking and eliminating refection's from around the room )after that so if this guy ended up hurting some one he is not there so im the one left holding the projector

--
    John
    VJ AIWAZ

Question

So you are running the show on someone else's equipment?

no i use all my own equipment the video were of another company that is working in NYC
    my current set up is a 2.5w melles with 30k wide move xt scanners
    and my second projector is a 60x doing about 250mw mixed with a maxyz 170mw and a set of Chinese 30k scanners and 2 stp8x for color chopping (the red has ttl) controlled by Merlin taiserver.com and 20 stage mirrors
    my next project is a 8 position table i just need 3 more gm20's and a few more mm1's
    --
    John
    VJ AIWAZ