Thread: Pinout for a DBPL-9010 blue laser head? 473nm

Default Pinout for a DBPL-9010 blue laser head? 473nm

Hello
    I have a DBPL-9010 but no pin out for the head cable, I want to see if I can use the driver from a dead B&W Tek laser head, so far, the manufacture has not replied to me.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	473laser!.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	72.5 KB 
ID:	60675
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

Second question as it's looking like I may need to MacGyver a driver and TEC controller for this beast, the pump has a max of 700ma but here is my question, What temp should i run the TEC at? or a general temp range for a 473nm laser. I wish I could get a pin out on this guy.
    Remember Remember The 8th of November, When No One Stood, but Kneel, In Surrender
    In a popular government when the laws have ceased to be executed, as this can come only from the corruption of the republic, the state is already lost. Montesquieu

Open the head and look. Power, tec, modulation, diode, maybe remote interlock or remote temp. Might have a digital line.Should be easy to spot where the wires go.

I was hoping to not have to break the seal on this laser but now I will have to. I will post my findings when I get them. I will do the pin out with a B&W Tek BWB-10-OEM as well and see if I can reuse the driver from that laser with this one, I think the specs are about the same as the 9010 with the pump power around 500-700ma? with an output power of 10mw. Does that sound about right? I don't remember how efficient these lasers are.

Thanks
    Draco

Default Blue

Those lasers are crap. At least the couple I had did barely 10mw and the beam was nasty. Any luck on the pinout?
    if I get a chance I can look inside mine. I’ve had the cover off a few times to tune the laser. Didn’t help.