Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Rebuilding my old analog console

Quote Originally Posted by Kevint View Post
    Laserist: truly hoping I'm not in the second category.

I bought a signal generator . Never owned one before. I'm thinking I can play around with different wave forms as the AM signal for the AD633s.
    I think you're safe...

Ivan told a story about the early days of Laserium where they used a couple of old army surplus signal generators to do Danube's lissijous figures. There was a rumor before a show that Patty Hurst had been seen in the park. So when a capacitor in one of the signal generators went "bang" everyone hit the floor thinking it was a shoot out between the FBI and the SLA.

I'm sure somebody makes a digital to analog converter for your Raspberry Pi. You can always write one. With an analog to digital converter & a pot you'd ever be able to play it.
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

Default Another possible multi-purpose waveform source is the XR2206

Kevint, a very useful multi-function waveform generator is the XR2206. Useful for Sine, Triangle, Square, Ramp waveform generator.

https://www.jameco.com/z/XR2206CP-EX...hoCT7oQAvD_BwE

XR2206.pdf

XR2206-Applications .pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Kevint View Post
    DZ: Thanks for the offer. What's the frequency range of the envelope generator of the AM? Can it go down to 0.1Hz for a very slow ramp?
    I have different timing caps on the pair of LFO's that I use in my console. LFO1 runs from about .5Hz to around 100Hz and LFO2 runs from about 2Hz to around 250Hz (IIRC). I also use the LFO's to drive frequency modulation, which can get interesting from time to time! I shot a quick video of using the LFO's with a VCQO for AM:

Laserist: LOL! Thanks for sharing the story. I pray mine doesn't do that. But knowing me, it a possibility. I have been known to reverse voltage polarity and short things out every once in a while.

Lasermaster1977: that looks like a great build design and all the parts are available. Definitely something to consider.

DZ: WOW! That video was awesome! It shows the AM ramp effect and a whole lot more. I would be very interested in the unpopulated boards.

Quote Originally Posted by lasermaster1977 View Post
    Ah ha, found it. It is quite similar to this one from Walter Jung's "IC op-amp Cookbook" here:

Attachment 61026

Thanks @Kevint
    I remember borrowing that book long ago- would love to have a copy now.

Quote Originally Posted by dchammonds View Post
    I remember borrowing that book long ago- would love to have a copy now.
    There is one here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/143446907675

Woo-hoo! AD633s
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20240327_213655.jpg  

Life is GOOD!

For the most part - IT'S WORKING!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20240328_230126.jpg  

Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by laserist View Post
    I think you're safe...

Ivan told a story about the early days of Laserium where they used a couple of old army surplus signal generators to do Danube's lissijous figures. There was a rumor before a show that Patty Hurst had been seen in the park. So when a capacitor in one of the signal generators went "bang" everyone hit the floor thinking it was a shoot out between the FBI and the SLA.

I'm sure somebody makes a digital to analog converter for your Raspberry Pi. You can always write one. With an analog to digital converter & a pot you'd ever be able to play it.
    Here's an early photo of Charlie and Ivan with VERY early synthesizer equipment under the platform at Griffith.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 730009.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by ronhip View Post
    Here's an early photo of Charlie and Ivan with VERY early synthesizer equipment under the platform at Griffith.
    Great photo, thanks for sharing! Look at those long, long slide pots.