Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's the end of the LPF World , and I feel fine.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Yeah, I too got asked to be a minor part of a buyout. Without 100% control and a serious house cleaning, , nope.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Next "kind soul" that sends me a "Reported Post" notice on this thread gets banned and I block the /24 they live on. Subsequent reports become a /16 and further an /8

Don't wake me up for this. I've got my absentee landlord streak going pretty strong right now.

This post doesn't count.

From the thread on LPF that started this controversy: "Eidetical has been banned (not by me) before on lpf and when he suddenly took it upon himself to openly make another account (breaking forum rules) instead of consulting with either myself, earsandeggs or ColdShadow (owner) I stuck up for him and asked to give him a second chance."The poster forgot the more than TEN YEARS that passed between my being "banned for life" and my new account opened with a name exactly like my old name to avoid any confusion. Just sayin'.
    Last edited by Eidetic; 02-27-2024 at 08:32.

Spec !! Hello old friend...

Good to hear from you, Sir!

Sorry for the sock puppet related un-drama..

May your record be perfect.

Steve

Check your PMs for refresher security course on understanding the less obvious causes.

"Beadwindow" procedure is now a concern. I'd explain but I don't want to feed
    the problem child new techniques/ideas.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 02-28-2024 at 00:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser57 View Post
    Does anyone know if Avery is somehow associated with or employed by LinkedIn? How about Jay C/Shadow? Don't respond here, PM me if you do. Thanks!
    Chris move on in your life. Live the rest of your life in happiness. Your obsession with me are at dangerous levels. I just want the best for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser57 View Post
    Who was posting a photograph of either himself or someone else masterbating in the forum? Who? IDK, but I bet the shadow knows.
    Only the Shadow knows.

The Shadow - Wikipedia

Looks like my time at LPF is finished, due to the butthurt weenie in charge. Guess he cares more for off-topic "fight club" posts and exerting whatever small control he has of things in his life than he cares for my contributions to the content over there. What a shame. Must be why nobody has stepped up to buy the site. I'd almost do so just to boot the angry little man, but there's too much risk of liability for my pockets.

There is another laser pointer forum now, it's laserdiscourse.org - no advertisements.
    Glowing green eyes is a camera photoflash reflection.

Eidetic:

Appropriate mourning music... Highland Cathedral:

https://youtu.be/Yj_3scEyVoI?t=21

if you told the new fellow that Transverse Pumped Argons have insignificant and very poor high voltage Hold-off due to the ultra low pressure required, you would have had to explain the Penning Curve.

Thirty plus years of reading stuff like this.. We could not afford to buy books, even photocopying at the library was expensive, and we didn't have the Internet. Typing Keywords into the library computer was half hit and miss. So its all in our heads, memorized.

Difficult to explain to the new generation why a Greybeard says NO, and means it. As a Kid I would bike 17 miles each way to the University Science Library. North-East Ohio is NOT flat either. Gives you time to "chunk" what you read into memory on the way home.

Before anyone snipes at me for posting this, they should take some time and figure out whom Arnold Bloom was, what his relation to gas lasers is, and what company he help start... In the 1990s, this was a 150$ Book. Eidetic would have had similar experiences, and just try to

sneak into that closely monitored Library at 15... I got noticed, and a benevolent Liberian cut me a break.. Seems she noticed I returned the books to the shelves, then "straightened" the Shelves, thus sorting the misplaced books, out of reverence. It took a long time before I

was trusted with a non-student card, I earned it.

Many Years later, I worked there, still visited the Science Library and had the honor of attending her retirement party. She KNEW. Bless you Ma'am

Memory, pure Memory... If Bloom says it doesn't work, it doesn't work,. The other photo is the Pinch-Off tool, used to cold weld a laser fill tube shut, when you sure it will make it to warranty, mine is made slightly differently, but its the same concept.

If I say It doesn't work, it hasn't been for the lack of trying. It took me over ten years to get my hands on that tool, and I tried, many, many, alternatives.

A bit arrogant ? Perhaps, but I had to work my way up the food chain the hard way. So did Eidetic. Talk to many Engineers, and they will tell you a really, really, dumb move is to ignore/anger a good Senior Technician. They will explain we never

get to stop learning, and rest on our laurels. Funny How on a dozen other forums, I have no issues with MODs, like ever...

Looks like you earned only a week or two.

Steve[/QUOTE]