Thread: Looking for manual and software for SD100 monochromator

Default Looking for manual and software for SD100 monochromator

Looking for the software of verity sd100 monochromator unit. It was manufactured back in the late 1999,2000 era. Tried to contact the manufacturer but they don’t have the software for this legacy device. So I am looking for any information on this device to try and operate it vis the rs232.port. Thanks

In my experience, most companies will blow us off when it comes to what they consider legacy equipment, or just steer you to buy the new and improved model. However, I just emailed them asking for a manual too. Probably will have the same result, but, hoping they can help with the RS232 control portion.

Regards
    Glowing green eyes is a camera photoflash reflection.

Default Please let me know

Quote Originally Posted by Laser57 View Post
    In my experience, most companies will blow us off when it comes to what they consider legacy equipment, or just steer you to buy the new and improved model. However, I just emailed them asking for a manual too. Probably will have the same result, but, hoping they can help with the RS232 control portion.

Regards
    Let me know if they reply as I obtained a limited amount of information on the operation which gives clues to the functionalities of the software etc. also if you don’t have any luck I can forward you some of the information I have been able to obtain. I asked about the software as I don’t have the background to rewrite or program software to activate or operate the functions in the unit. They replied that the people who wrote the operational software or no longer with the company and don’t hold your breath was their statement.

george

Will do, will report back what happens, if you see nothing more from me regarding this, they didn't respond.
    Glowing green eyes is a camera photoflash reflection.