Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SELEM 2024 Sign Up Thread (SELEM 17)

I am in, can't wait to see you all and jam! Since I have real time in my day to work on lasers now, maybe I can finally scramble together some things that have languised in my stretch goals list for the past couple years...It's been too long since we've had graphics on an ion!!

I have some cool new beam stuff to bring in my beyond as well. If I can't be as cool as all you liberation beta testers users, I will have to settle for some gross abuses of Beyond's internals instead hopefully the results can speak for why I have been so set in my ways!

Will pay and stuff, shirt is a Polo XL.

I have an event (Otakon in DC) the weekend coming into SELEM so chances are I won't be able to make it on setup Sunday to hang like last year. TBD. Not sure what day(s) I will come, or work remote some days part of the day or what.

I will try to figure out what pinball machine to bring. Junkyard is on my list to buy but not sure if timing is right. Have a lead on another title as well that needs work so maybe that one would come if I buy it before event.

Hotel wise last time I ended up at the Holiday Inn because the cool kid hotel was full, but I swear yawll was bitchin' about the Embassy Suites last year!? As someone shut out of housing market cause prices are stupid I can't morally support AirBnBs given they help distort the market (though only like .7% of housing is tied up in STRs.)

I am actually starting to play with Beyond show creation. I was trying to figure out how to DJ songs with video and timecoded lasers. Had to give up on Rekordbox and instead will play the media in Beyond driving lasers, with the video component being scraped by NDI tools to send the Beyond video media window to Resolume Avenue over NDI. Then Avenue scales the video to send to LED video wall. All overhead beam type "stabs" and such but learning experience. What you all messing with?
    Modern and Retro laser show hobbyist
    Pangolin QM16, QM32, Beyond Adv, LSX, ADAT, FB3, FB4
    LS Pluto II x 2, custom build x 1
    http://lasershowwiki.757.org for my all encompassing laser show wiki.

, but I swear yawll was bitchin' about the Embassy Suites last year!?
    I had no complaints at all about the ES! Desk service was just OK, nothing to write home about, but I had a quiet room on the end/corner. Breakfast was good, too. I just found it kinda expensive for what it is, which is why I was looking into the AirBNB alternatives. Hope you don't hold that against me. But so far, no takers, so I'll probably end up at the ES anyway like last year.

What you all messing with?
    You'll have to just wait for SELEM for the demo. Unless I get it working before then and I just can't keep it to myself.