Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just got my FB3 LAFreak kit!!!

Talking Just got my FB3 LAFreak kit!!!

All I can say is WOW! This thing is amazing! Every one should have one of these! It is just so perfect and the software worked the first time without any anger problems.I hope to have my dual setup from maXYZ next week and I'll have the final up and running then. For now, I'm just using it with the 405nm module, 30k scanners, and a phosphor coated plate. It looks like a TV!
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

So where did you get the scanners?

I forgot to mention how amazing carmangary is! He gave me an amazing deal on these scanners. They appear to be top quality.
    CLICKY!!!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Ben View Post
    For now, I'm just using it with the 405nm module, 30k scanners, and a phosphor coated plate. It looks like a TV!
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

without any anger problems.
    Whats a anger problem? Is that where the computer gets picked up and thrown at the wall?

KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

When there are flying parts, it's a good indicator that there is serious anger issues. I had no problem uploading the software and running the FB3. The LiveQ is very nice! I have already made a few frames with the designer in there. I have not installed LA Studio. I would venture to guess that is just a better program for designing cues. I was wondering about setting the software for a red only setup. I know how to do it but I cannot figure out whether the entire frame shows in red or if it just remover the green and blue.

allthat- I'll try to post pictures tomorrow. For not the projector is all getto with cheap plastic scraps for the mounting plates. I will make a better mount with better repeatability this weekend.
    CLICKY!!!

Is it okay to use cable that is not designed for RF to run the galvo lines and the blanking? I want to make a high quality wiring job and I don't want to lose performance from bad wire. Also, can I run a maXYZ module on 8V properly? I was thinking of using the -5V and 3V lines on a ATX power supply to power it. Also, how much current does the FB3 board take, I would guess more then an amp, but I just want to be sure.
    CLICKY!!!

I used some USB 2.0 cable as someone suggested on here for wiring between the DAC and scanner amps. Works fine for me. Since the scanner amps are differential I imagine they sort of take care of themselves? I'm not an expert on that so I am kind of wanting someone else to chime in.

A Maxyz module only needs 7 volts to run. They'll run just fine on anything from 7 to 12 volts, and can actually handle higher voltages than that, but they'll start to get warm. 8-9 volts is ideal. (I'm running 9)

Cable from the scanner amp to the galvo isn't all that critical. You can use ribbon cable, or twisted pair, or just about anything else you've got. You're only talking about 12 inches of cable, so it's not a big deal. (Plus, as Carmangary mentioned, you're using differential signaling anyway, so noise isn't a huge concern.) Your galvos should have come with cables though.

As for the wires from the ILDA connector to the amps - narrow gauge stranded copper is what I'm using. As for the blanking lines, same thing... narrow-gauge stranded copper. No shielding needed. Ditto for the shutter.

No clue how much current the FB3 pulls. Better contact Pangolin for that answer.

Adam

I was thinking of using the -5V and 3V lines on a ATX power supply to power it.
    I wouldn't do that. Its going to shift the maxys ground reference down to -5v, I'm not sure how well regulated it will be either...
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/