Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Novation Remote Zero SL - It Rocks!!!

Hey Misebeam,

I have not tried my remote zero on live yet, only recently got my QM and been busy with other stuff. I don't think there is a way to change the slider range values on the remote, but you could try using an encoder (Top Right Row) as they seem to have an endless travel... Might work.

The way to create a MIDI cue is to select an empty cue and go to the 'Cue Properties' tab on the right of the screen behind the 'Live Control' tab and scroll down to 'Commands'. Then choose the command you want from the list. To assign the cue to a button, you need to go to the 'Others' section and select the 'MIDI Note' tab. Click the 'Learn' button and hit a button on the MIDI Controller. The button must be outputting a unique MIDI Note which you can configure in the remote zero.

You can also assign MIDI Notes to animations in the same way and launch them from the Remote Zero.

But.... After all that, you can select 'Reset Track 1' etc from the 'Special Keys' menu in the MIDI Environment settings. They are at the bottom of the list...

Hope that helps

mark were i to purchase this midi controller, would it be possible if i come up to you, you could help me configure it?

ive not got a club how this all works but am very interested to learn
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I'm sure we could sort something out...

Mark

excellent

many thanks mark, im only an hour from cambridge
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

i've got a novation nocturn.. doesn't work with live pro unfortunately... however i've been eyeing the remote zero sl for quite some time for music production.. thought never crossed my mind to use it with live pro...

but it'd be perfect! perfect friend to our lasershow performer...
    Now proudly stocking and offering the best deals on laser-wave

www.lasershowparts.com
    http://stores.ebay.com.au/Lasershow-Parts

because of my time limitations and other business activities ... Lasers have been pushed to the back seat at the moment ....

even to the point of today was the first time i ran live pro ...... and that was only because i had a buddy visiting me from New Zealand and when i was there i ranted how good lasers are ... so i had to demo it to him ... and god .... it made my jaw drop ....

but im still looking at the ultimate livepro controller

I actually put a bid on this a week or so ago which i thought was the ultimate live pro controller .... my final bid was £550 so was not far off ....
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=270269683777

but not exactly portable ......
    but hey would have been a good "mines bigger than yours" talking point"

what would be the best recomendations as a live pro contoller ? .... i currently use a midi keyboard with mamba and find it very responsive to keep the beat of the music

like to know what people prefere

all the best ... Karl

Quote Originally Posted by aijii View Post
    but it'd be perfect! perfect friend to our lasershow performer...
    Remote zero and a lasershow performer!!!! Now your talking...

QUOTE=Banthai;60539]what would be the best recomendations as a live pro contoller ? .... i currently use a midi keyboard with mamba and find it very responsive to keep the beat of the music like to know what people prefere all the best ... Karl[/QUOTE]

I like the Remote zero with a touchscreen for cue launching. I have used a Lasershow Performer and they are superb bits of kit. More aimed at using Showtime Live, rather than Live Pro, but nonetheless a wicked bit of kit.

Hugo Bunk of LaserImage has developed a dedicated Live Pro controller. I have seen a photo of it and it looks great. Not sure if it is available for sale though.

I think Pangolin recommend the JL Cooper range of MIDI controllers, but they go for 4 figure prices... Ouuuuchhh!!!!!

Mark

Hi I also bought a Novation zero, but I can't get it working in Mamba at this moment. I have programmes the sliders from CC1 to CC8 but Mamba doesn't react. Any ideas?

This console looks great guys! Would one of you mind posting this information to our Laserchat forum here:
    http://www.pangolin.com/ubb/postlist...=0&Board=UBB10

Best regards,

William Benner

Bill

I've use the 'Contact Pangolin' form to send you some information regarding one or two little LivePRO and MIDI issues.

Regards

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001