Thread: cypher lite and cypher live pro

Question cypher lite and cypher live pro

I was just browsing the neo laser web site and coundn't help notice the similarity of the cypher lite and cypher live pro software was to that which I think is bundled with the flashback 3 board from pangolin.
    Are they the same products ?
    I am thinking of changing my control software, even possibly going for the qm2000.net, but i will need to work on the wife for that to happen.
    The fb3 looks excellent value and seems to get very good reviews here on the forum.
    Its only for hobby use but i guess we all aspire to ld2000 at some point.
    dave321

Quote Originally Posted by dave321 View Post
    I was just browsing the neo laser web site and coundn't help notice the similarity of the cypher lite and cypher live pro software was to that which I think is bundled with the flashback 3 board from pangolin.
    Are they the same products ?
    I am thinking of changing my control software, even possibly going for the qm2000.net, but i will need to work on the wife for that to happen.
    The fb3 looks excellent value and seems to get very good reviews here on the forum.
    Its only for hobby use but i guess we all aspire to ld2000 at some point.
    The neo software is essentially a customized version of LivePRO and LiveQ, with control for neo, projector specific functions, such as control for diffraction gratings and the like.
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Yip I think the top end of pangolins products range is on everyones xmas list !....... the person who hosts our laser meets ( next one feb 3rd 2008 ) is a NEO products distrubutor in UK...his name is mark , hes on here as " Fluff " .... i have heard him talk of the cypher products and i think hes said they are pretty close cousins although not identical. Hes on here "sporadically" though , hopsefully he ill pop along into this threadand update you but you could also try and PM him .

Paul
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Hi Dave

I have just "clicked " you are in Uk and a laser enthusiast , what bushel you been hiding under ?
    1) are you aware theirs been a laser meet for the Uk crowd , are you aware theres another upcoming on sunday 3rd feb 2008

2) you coming to the next meet ? the more the merrier !

Paul
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Cool

Paul;

Dave is in Australia, not the UK...

Adam

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    Paul;

Dave is in Australia, not the UK...

Adam
    actually this dave321 is in the uk
    dave321

Cool

True... I guess he just truncated the "321" off the end of your nick. However, since Dave (without the 321) had replied immediately prior to Paul's post, I assumed he was talking to that Dave.

Clearly, the problem is too many Daves...

Adam

I have a Cypher Lite (kind of). It's with Pangolin at the moment having power issues ironed out.
    But the software is live pro with an added panel for beamtable control.

Hi all,

Just a few quick points.

First, Dave was correct that the "Cypher" versions of the software are similar to LiveQUICK and LivePRO, but they have some extra additions that control NEO-NEON-specific projector hardware.

Second, the "power problems" that Insanity mentioned are not Pangolin problems per se. OEM manufacturers purchase our hardware and apply it within their own systems. It is sometimes the applying where people get into trouble... We'll have to see where the problem is, and then offer advice to help this particular OEM manufacturer.

Best regards,

William Benner

I should clear up the point I made before about my power issues.

I am no expert on this stuff and won't pretend to be but I think there were issues with my Cypher lite box delivering power correctly to the FB3 board inside.

Having sent the screen dumps to Pangolin, they very kindly offered to troubleshoot and fix the problem for me, even though it is not a Pangolin issue as such.

I think this just highlights the level of support that Pangolin provides.

In all my years in the IT industry, I have never seen such a great level of support, so I would like to take this opportunity to thank the guys at Pangolin for such a sterling job.

I have used other packages in the past, but nothing I have seen comes close to the functionality of Pangolin, when added to great support like this, you really feel that you spent your money well.