Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: FLEM 1.5 on October 20th, 2007!

Cool

Just a small update folks...

I just bottled up two batches of home brew! I've got a red ale with amber malt that is going to be really rich, but just in case folks want something milder, I also have a batch of pale ale... (Should be about like a michelob light...) So we'll have home-brew available at FLEM (once again)!

So who else is coming? (Besides Hayden, Paul, and me?)

Adam

Lightbulb

I'm gonn atry and get someone to swap days off with me. I should be there.

Cool

That's great news, Aaron! Gonna bring the G/F this time? (She had a pretty good time at SELEM, at least until you put your foot in your mouth, that is...)

I'm looking forward to some lively discussion about CDRH variance applications. I know of several folks that are just about ready to take the plunge, so it should be interesting...

I e-mailed Bill Benner, and while he won't be able to make it, he said that his scanner tech (Don, I think.?.) might be able to join Hayden... That would be very cool indeed! Hayden says he's looking forward to the Showtime Live demo and tutorial.

DZ is hoping to come as well, and if he does he'll bring the same amp and speakers that we had at SELEM. Sure hope so - those speakers ROCKED!

Marconi is talking about attending if his back is better by then. (PLEASE, OH PLEASE!)

Anyone else going to be there? Reply here, folks!

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 09-12-2007 at 09:23.

Don`t forget me. I will try very hard to be there.

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    That's great news, Aaron! Gonna bring the G/F this time? (She had a pretty good time at SELEM, at least until you put your foot in your mouth, that is...)

I'm looking forward to some lively discussion about CDRH variance applications. I know of several folks that are just about ready to take the plunge, so it should be interesting...

I e-mailed Bill Benner, and while he won't be able to make it, he said that his scanner tech (Paulo, I think.?.) might be able to join Hayden... That would be very cool indeed! Hayden says he's looking forward to the Showtime Live demo and tutorial.

DZ is hoping to come as well, and if he does he'll bring the same amp and speakers that we had at SELEM. Sure hope so - those speakers ROCKED!

Marconi is talking about attending if his back is better by then. (PLEASE, OH PLEASE!)

Anyone else going to be there? Reply here, folks!

Adam
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

Awesome! I should be able to make it! Though I may be projectorless, depends on our friends at Lasever... Glad to see you might make it Fred, you feeling much better these days?

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Chuck, hope your feeling better, I just spent a year working on the BP thing and I'm not done yet,I'm the worst case model, I was in the 240s last year and higher, and am lucky to still be here! I was Off the scale on the new digital bedside BP things, they needed to get out the manual mercury barometer type thing at the ER to measure me. The processor algorythem just couldnt handle it, and I am NOT kidding.

Once you heal, cut the sodium gradually, boost the potassium, just about everything canned in the grocery store is Evil from Na content when your starting out. Since it will be a while before you can hit the bike, weights etc, you can get it down part way with diet. maximal fluid intake , if your not doing litres per day, your messin up (of course check with the doc on the coolent levels), pure H2O only, but need not be totally deionized, hint, hint, otherwise after the first litre you wanta throw up.

required reading
    This book got my BP down for me enough for the BP drugs to kick in

The High Blood Pressure Solution: A Natural Program for Preventing Strokes and Heart Disease by Richard D. Moore

The guy has both a MD and a PhD in physics and his method saved my ass.
    Has decent tasty low sodium menus too. Even lets you pop out for a smal mexican dinner once a month. (not toxic bell!)

This one worked for a few others around work, but not for me

Eat Right 4 Your Type by Peter D'Adamo and Catherine Whitney

Both show up at amazon/borders.

Hang in there, btw, Buffo is a skilled EMT type, he helped me a lot with some good advice and explanations.
    Besides, you are the nation's major source of red photons right now, we need you!

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 09-11-2007 at 16:05.

Thanks Steve..I appreciate that...
    I never thought that I was at serious risk before all this .Altho I knew something was up as I had always had some ringing in my ears. but would only notice in a very quiet room.
    I was very much surprised to find I was on the stage 2 to 3 level hypertention list. They (hospitol staff) were very concerned altho I felt ok at the time, but the mercury didnt lie. I was hitting the 140's diastolic.
    I took some time before they would put me under and than after the operation they were still quite concerned..at the end of my stay they did get me down to the 90's before I left..dunno what they used.
    I had been noticing the last few months that I was feeling de-hydrated but always had some form of liquid near me but it was not enough,..the corners of my mouth would still dry and crack..like having cold sores. but wer'nt.
    Yeah, My diet intake is being changed as we speak...
    I gotta learn to eat all over again...I wanna live past my forfathers ages (50's)
    when they left this earth for another place.
    I still wanna be here to make those Reds...
    Ive been getting plenty of emails of concern for my health and orders for more reds. Thank you guys , its a nice feeling..
    I plan on starting back up on production early next week..Im still on meds and I still hurts like hell , I still cant sleep in my own bed yet as its too uncomfortable. The pain is starting to subside as the days go by.
    but I'm here still , all original parts.
    I will check those references you suggest..Thanks
    Last edited by marconi; 09-11-2007 at 17:13.
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

I might very well have some homebrew that Don(scanner tech) and I are brewing. Don will join me if he is in country at that time. We are bottling this weekend.
    Ex-Keeper of the QM2000 boards.

Hi Fred;

Glad to see you're up and around again. Getting better every day now, eh? Sure hope you and Dee can make it... Would love to see your projector again.

DZ;

Projectorless? Oh no! Maybe Lasever will come through in time for you... (Sure hope so! I want a re-match on the 635 nm vs 660 nm reds!) either way, keep us informed.

Marconi;

I know you've been hurting a lot lately... (Gee, first Fred, then Bill, now you... It's getting scary!) Hopefully by the middle of October you'll be feeling better. Sure would love to see you there at FLEM 1.5. BTW, I know that Dreambeamz just placed an order with you; he wasn't aware of the back issue though. He and I spoke last night, and he now understands the delay. Stay in touch and let us know how you're doing - especially as we get closer...

Steve;

I may be an EMT, but I really hope I don't have to work on anyone at FLEM... It's supposed to be a social event, not a training class for my medic skills. (I go to inservice for that!) Glad to hear your BP is getting better. That was a close call last year; most people don't get too many of those. (Of course, the biggest problem is that most guys are too damn pig-headed to admit that they've got a problem in the first place... At least you had the guts to tacke the problem head-on rather than sitting on it!)

And you're dead-on about re-hydrating. You wouldn't believe the number of idiots that fall out on the job at the plant because they don't drink enough water. Seriously, I ask them: "OK - so instead of drinking some water, you'd rather get your fluids by having someone stick a damn needle in your arm?" Sigh - whatever floats your boat I guess, but it's going to sting a little... People just don't drink enough water. If you ain't peeing clear, you ain't drinking enough!

Hayden;

Cool! More homebrew! (Always a good thing...) Hey, look at that! We've already made sure that everyone will be properly hydrated for the event. We're so thoughtful...

Adam

I want a re-match on the 635 nm vs 660 nm reds!
    Hmm, I forgot about that. Guess I will bring it anyway!