Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: FLEM 1.5 on October 20th, 2007!

Cool

Cool!

Actually, I just found out that Mike (MechEng3) got a letter from Lasever saying that his replacement Blue DPSS unit is on it's way to him. So I'm hoping that you will get a letter pretty soon as well. (Or are you going through Dave and Aijii for your replacement - I forget...)

Either way though, SOMEONE ought to be getting a letter really soon. Sure hope you can get your laser installed in time to have a working RGB projector for FLEM 1.5!

Adam

Thats great news! I did hear that replacement were being shipped out soon. So hopefully mine will arive before FLEM. I just hope they managed to get the bug worked out, I really wouldn't have a problem with waiting another 6 months, so long as the replacement was actually going to last 5000 hours!

I think we'll end up with a couple working RGB's for FLEM, right? You, Allthat and Astroguy. Damn, its gonna be fun!

Cool

If you get your projector back together, that will make 4 RGB units we'll have! Plus I'm sure we'll have some other toys to play with. Marconi might bring a couple interesting things... Same goes for Paul.

Don't know yet if I'll have the HGM 5 set up or not. I should have the laser done, but I don't know if I can get the scan head attached to it in time. We'll see.

Adam

Don't know yet if I'll have the HGM 5 set up or not. I should have the laser done, but I don't know if I can get the scan head attached to it in time. We'll see.
    Hell, bring it anyway. If you don't have a scan head on it, we'll throw one on at FLEM!

I'm gonna try and come out. I'm traveling until the 15th. Most of my toys are too big to bring, but I've got some smaller guys I'll drag along. I might be able to bring the 400mw 457nm blue. It's had a rough life though now and is picky since it got soaked with saltwater.

I will bring the class IV hercules, the rpl and a dozen or so other lasers. It'll be short notice for me so I dunno what all I'll be able to scrounge up.

Cool

Welcome to PhotonLexicon, Aseras! First post I see.

Sounds like you've got some big toys. The 457 nm DPSS laser will be a huge hit I'm sure... Not to many of us have seen one of those. (Personally, I always liked the deep blue of the 457.9 nm argon line. So much prettier than 488nm.) I gotta ask though - "soaked in saltwater..." WTF? How did that happen?

We'll have 220V single phase power available via a stove outlet. Plenty of 110 V circuits too. Clandestiny is planning to bring a display screen for us, and I'll have a big fogger (Antari 1200Z). DZ will have a nice sound system and a mixer we can use. Tables and chairs are already there at the venue in abundance.

Anything else you think you might need? Water is available for cooling (via the sink in the small kitchen - good enough for a single-phase argon at least) if needed. Ground floor venue (no steps) so it's easy to get in and out.

Adam

Thumbs up

Welcom Aseras. It is always nice to see a CPFer over here. If you come, please bring the 457... I've never seen one close and in person.

Adam, I just got approval to swap days off so I will have the 19th and 20th off and I think I have guilted the boss into making lasagna since she didn't for SELEM. And I took my DV Cam back to Best Buy and they serviced it so there are no more burnt pixels.

clandestiny is offline Eleventy-Billion Watt Ar/Kr >:)
    somewhere between orlando and san antonio

well the burnt pixels will be dependent on how much laser i fire into it-
    go big or go home

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by clandestiny View Post
    well the burnt pixels will be dependent on how much laser i fire into it-
    I think any of your lasers would take out the whole camera... not just a couple of pixels.

Hey Man... Did you get my PM a week or two ago?

Glad to hear you got your camera fixed, Aaron. My digital camera has about 12-15 burned-out pixels now. I thought it was dust on the lens at first, but no... So I guess I'm in the market for a new one. Sigh. Lasagna sounds yummy! (sure was great last time) Looking forward to it.

Paul - are you going to bring a laser? Last time we talked I thought you said you had everything out on the road.?. If you need help with anything, give me a call. I'll have two pals with me that can assist in loading and unloading. (Call me on my cell though. I won't have Internet access while I'm in Florida.) You are still planning to bring the display screen, right? (The same one we used last time?)

Adam