Thread: Low power with analogue?

Default Low power with analogue?

Where can I get a low power green/red laser with analogue modulation and reasonable beam specs? I am looking for something in the range of 50mW each.
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Lightbulb

Good luck man, me too... A nice CNI 50mW green analog would be perfect.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Ben, given the amount of posts here about matching red with green, why would you be wanting equal power to do that? You'd need 150 mW of red to match 50 mW of green, maybe more. Most airborne scatter conditions will make that worse for beamshows too, so you could need even more red.

I have a 50mw green and a 200mw red. They are an excellent match. I bought them with TTL drivers but switched over to use Norm's analog drivers with them. So now they are completely analog. I am planning on switching to Robin's Die4Drive driver soon because of space. Robins driver is about 1/3 the size of Norms but has the same functionality and generates less heat.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    I have a 50mw green and a 200mw red. They are an excellent match. I bought them with TTL drivers but switched over to use Norm's analog drivers with them. So now they are completely analog. I am planning on switching to Robin's Die4Drive driver soon because of space. Robins driver is about 1/3 the size of Norms but has the same functionality and generates less heat.
    Is your 50mW the one from aixiz? If so, how hard is it to make Norm's analog driver? I have two 30mW from aixiz that may combine to make a nice 50mW...

Yes, it it an Aixiz 50mw green. Norm's driver was a bit of a pain in the ass to build. In fact, it didn't even work at first and I had to use some different components. And, it isn't a complete kit. You have to do some experimenting to find the values of the LM317 current setting resistors.

Not sure if he fixed all that or not but I recommend bypassing all of that hassle and going with Robin's die4drive. You buy them prebuilt or just the board but you have to solder some tiny stuff if you decide to build it yourself!

Norm's does work fine once you get it going but it's a very frustrating process... at least it was for me.
    Last edited by carmangary; 09-09-2007 at 12:51.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    Robin's die4drive dac
    Is it a driver or a dac? I guess this is where google is my friend huh?

edit...

mmmm German I think. Might you have a link for this?
    Last edited by allthatwhichis; 09-09-2007 at 12:35.

It is a driver. Sorry about the error.

www.die4laser.com
    http://www.die4laser.com/dvd-rec/Die4Drive.htm