Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: OPT 40, DT40, DT50 Scanners?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Vancouver B.C.
    Posts
    53

    Default

    An update on the OPT 8W projector story.

    Ordered 3 more 8W RGB projectors with D/G wheels from OPT. Two will be above the spring line in an certain planetarium installation,and was pleased to learn that they can be made with white cases. Got the DT 40 scanner upgrade for a few bucks on all. Pretty pleased with the results, all test patters look good.

    Bit confused on the scanners though. Upon opening saw they have an OPT sticker on them, and the scanner cards look different from the old DT40 cards I remember.

    1 did they just put the OPT sticker on to ID the X and Y scanners?

    2. Is that how the new DT40 scanner cards look...It's been a while?

    3. did the folks in the shop not get the memo?

    OPT should be back from the annual vacation soon I'll ask, but can anyone recognize these as DT40s ?

    Thanks in advance,

    Craig




    Attachment 62120

    Attachment 62120Attachment 62120
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Vancouver B.C.
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Sorry about any neck strain from the sideways pictures,

    Craig

  3. #13
    mixedgas's Avatar
    mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.
    Posts
    10,107

    Default

    The OPT ones I've tested have some subtle differences from the same class of DT , especially in the amps.
    I could be wrong. But I think at least the PCB and mounts come off different production lines.

    Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Vancouver B.C.
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Thanks for the info. I just got an email from OPT today saying they are back at work from the national holiday.

    I'll check to see if they actually installed the DT40's I ordered.

    All will be revealed...

    Craig

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Vancouver B.C.
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Sorry for the update delay, been a bit swamped, and fighting a crummy cold.

    Heard back from OPT. They say they are DT 40 scanners, they just put their label on them to delineate x from y. "They look like DT 40 scanners because that's what they are"... and they do, fair enough.

    Asked about the order of the trim pots on the cards. They said those are set at the factory, best not to adjust them, can do some damage. I agreed, but mentioned I had been tuning scanners carefully since the first Cambridge 6800's came out.

    Same number of trim pots as the old DT40 cards, maybe the same order of functions. I'll leave it there for now, getting behind on some other stuff.

    Cheers,

    Craig

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2026
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Hi,


    I got the same DT40's in my projector from OPTlaser. I also asked them about the labels, their answer:
    "Hey Lennart, We confirmed that it is a DT40 scanner, but for the convenience of statistics and consistency with product names, we have included it in our named models for example: OPT-40B, OPT-40C.&
    You can check the driver board; it has the "DT" silkscreen printing on it.&"

    Seems to be OK.


    Here are my pictures, sorry for the bad quality


    Lennart
    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Vancouver B.C.
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Thanks for the info on your OPT DT40 upgrade. Sorry for the delay getting back.

    I've attached a back side shot of the scanner driver cards in our latest four OPT DT40 upgrade projectors. They don't have the QR code on them like yours. Just wondering, where did you see the DT40 screened on your cards?

    We have found the DT40s to be a really reliable mid price scanner. Not the ne plus ultra by any means, but we have some in a planetarium installation that are still working well after ten years. Those old driver cards certainty look different. Has DT updated the design?

    Had a great time in Gothenburg many decades ago....fantastic beer options I remember...ha ha.

    Craig
    Attached Images Attached Images

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2026
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Hi,


    Found this link showing a similar card:
    https://www.showlasershop.eu/showlas...da-8-grad.html
    So I suppose our cards are DT40 upgrades.
    I did not notice the QR-code at first, scanned it and it was probably only a manufacturing number beginning with 20250707.


    cheers
    Lennart

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Vancouver B.C.
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Hi,

    Thanks for checking around again.

    Both the DT40 scanners and PCB in the link you sent look totally different from yours and mine, now I'm really confused...haha.

    I believe you mentioned that OPT said you could find the DT name screened on your board, have you actually seen that on your board? I can't find it on mine.

    Appreciate your time on this.

    Best,

    Craig

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2026
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Hi,


    I don't know much about DT scanners but at least the display screen on my card seems to be DT.
    Here is a picture on my DT card display screen when I started the laser.


    Sorry, the link was not meant to confuse you.


    Lennart
    Attached Images Attached Images

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •