Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: laserscope

Default laserscope

does anybody know, or have information on how to blank a laserscope 800 series,

i know you can use a galvo, like the old days, but with 40-60 watts, i guess thats out the question,

Andy
    does this mean you got one?
    I hope so - but dont forget to bring it with you to the next meet. I will be happy to be upstaged by that!!!!

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

The best bet is probably a AOM.

I believe you can also use the scopes qswitch, however you need to make sure the qswitch has first pulse suppression, or else you will blow the crystals to bits..
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Hi Rob,

Yes, i found one, its being sealed in a big box ready for a flight home .

aparently its giving around 60 watts.

Can the AOM handle this power? i dont fancy blowing the crystals,

rob.

if its ready for the meet, (it should be) you can help carry it up the steps, it's only 270kg , then we will need to use it to burn a hole in the wall to shine over leicester,

sounds like you guys might need to do a group buy on safety goggles before this meet

Oooooo.... Now that's what I call a Laser

Looking forward to seeing it Andy Perhaps you could put it on the roof of your house and point it towards Yorkshire, I could then see the beamshow. It's only, what, say 100 miles ish. whilst you're at it you could scan a few beams towards Runcorn, i'm sure Rob would appreciate that

Cheers

Jem

On ours we used the q-switch. It did have first pulse suppression though. Or you could do a mechanical blanking with a scanner also. Hope you have budgeted for some big scanners and a collimator.

Chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

I have the collimator sorted, i dont know what scanners to go for, what do you use Chad?
    I know eyemagic do some with big mirrors that are ok,

I dont want to break my house Jem, so i dont think roof mounting is an option, also, i guess east midlands airport may have a few comments, its only 5 miles tops away.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

[QUOTE=aclasers;29562]I have the collimator sorted, i dont know what

make sure your qswitch is rated for contnious hold-off, ie the driver can set there for 40 minutes blanking the laser at full RF output power into the crystal without melting, I have a biophysiq laser that the driver cant hold off for more then 4 minutes, without overtemping. cheap driver though, and like the fellow below said, watch out for stored giant pulse. I'm guarding my olny piece of lbo very carefully.

Steve Roberts