Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do frame interpolations work?

Oh I see what you are saying now. I never thought of doing anything like that... you're sort of morphing as you draw if you do it your way. Very interesting. It would be CPU intensive but it wouldn't matter in my case because my software computes all of the frames before the show even starts... takes lots of memory but low CPU usage during playback.
    But, with my way of computing the entire frame at one angle I don't see any problems so I am not likely to try it. It is very interesting, though.

I thought of the word morphing too. My stuff wasn't grand enough to warrant it though, but it could be a starting point. The one really crucial thing I wanted was full realtime manipulation of all details. And chugging away at Lua making raw WAV files didn't cut it. If someone could hand a nice compact C development system on a plate, NOT the behemoth that M$ make, but something weighing about 5 MB, max, so it doesn't scare me, I might have at it.

Lua is cool, small language with very versatile syntax, a one-page manual and a single executable, plus a few auxilliary executables to use if you want to compile the interpreted code into a fast running opcode form, or a standalone executable.

If there is a tool to do C programs with GUI's and access to sound ports on Windows that is that neat and small, point me to it.
    /dream mode off
    Last edited by The_Doctor; 09-12-2007 at 12:12.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    If there is a tool to do C programs with GUI's and access to sound ports on Windows that is that neat and small, point me to it.
    /dream mode off

I use FLTK for widgets an I like it. www.fltk.org.
    It is easy to use but c++ based. However I think if you prefer to program straight c it requires a minimum knowledge of object oriented programming.
    For sound I found the fmod lib. (google will point you to the website) I'm hesitant te get started on it because it will probably draw me in too deep.

Anyway if you want to get started on c and widgets, give fltk a look.

Nice. That looks about the size I was after. C++ is ok too, I'm not that strict about it, I just don't want to use C# and .net, it sounds too much like the sledghammer cracking the nut. Or the nuts, some of those tools are real ballbreakers.

I use C# for just about everything now. Pity you are not willing to give it a go.

I've heard good things about c# but most reusable libraries are in c++.
    I agree with the doc that things should be kept simple. I like to think that my programming is portable to linux because of portable libraries and nothing too fancy that is plaform dependent.