Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Built a node-based interface for laser programming

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2026
    Posts
    2

    Lightbulb Built a node-based interface for laser programming

    Hey everyone!
    I finally got to a point where I felt it was worth sharing this. I’ve been working on a node-based interface aimed at making laser animation creation much easier, especially for people getting started.
    The idea behind it was that creating effects and workflows visually felt much more intuitive than traditional laser programming workflows. Right now the app automatically connects to BEYOND when BEYOND is running and streams frames directly into it.
    One thing I thought was pretty cool was showing it to a friend who had never programmed lasers before and seeing him get his first animation running within a couple of minutes.
    This is still a very early prototype, but I wanted to put it in front of the community and build it with real feedback from laserists.


    Download: https://babylonlasers.com/
    (Currently free during the prototype / early-access phase.)


    Full demo / walkthrough: https://youtu.be/gVQq8CVIywE
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    946

    Default

    Nice!

    Can you explain how you stream it to Beyond? Is that a windows DDL thing like OLe/DDE (that's how old I am), or is it over a network link like IDN?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,322

    Default

    you are advertising works that are not works to promote your software.. I consider that a little bit unethical on your website.
    Honestly no place for AI when it comes to content in a fragile small creator industry.

    I really hope you aren't using ILD files to do this training because many people will not accept this.

    Starting to get really annoyed at software like this that promise the world and while it likely shows in beyond.. that doesn't mean it projects well.. preview is decieving.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2026
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    you are advertising works that are not works to promote your software.. I consider that a little bit unethical on your website.
    Honestly no place for AI when it comes to content in a fragile small creator industry.

    I really hope you aren't using ILD files to do this training because many people will not accept this.

    Starting to get really annoyed at software like this that promise the world and while it likely shows in beyond.. that doesn't mean it projects well.. preview is decieving.

    Hey, that wasn't my intention at all, and I've tried to be very clear on the website about what is currently available in the product. We're still very, very early in the development cycle, so things are definitely rough haha, which is also why the product is completely free during this phase.
    Also, any work that isn't mine is only shown in the future vision section of the website.


    As for AI, I've been coding with AI for a while now and have found that it hasn't taken away any "agency" from me; it has just made me work faster and more efficiently. I hope to enable the same thing for lasers with my product, not take away from the creativity of laserists or ever replace the need for one.

    And for the next demo, I will show the output on a laser rather than just the beyond preview.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •