Thread: Lexel 95.....

Question Lexel 95.....

This any good for shows? He does not know the spectrum of output....said had around 1100 hrs on tube...Deal or no deal?

http://cgi.ebay.com/LEXEL-MODEL-95-I...QQcmdZViewItem

Would have to get PCOAM if it is a white light tube....still looking for info on it.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Well it wouldn't be a white light head being that its argon only. So you would just get the typical argon lines (Blue, green). But alot of it! You probably wouldn't get 8 watts either. 2 or 3 if it were a white light, maybe 6 or so as an argon only. Nice looking unit, and its a lexel which is a plus... But you'll need 3 phase for it, you can get away with running it on a rotary phase converter, but they are loud and bulky. If you're planning on using it for just beams, i wouldn't worry to much with a pcaom, just get a set of slow scanners and build a color box with 2 gm-20's and use mechanical flag blanking, that way you get the most possible output and will have some color control for your beams. Great price for it, if it works!

I wouldnt buy it unless they will warrenty it against doa. Its all the same, "pulled from working environment, college surplus, expired working medical equipment" Most people have access to 220v 3 phase power if it means the difference between selling an item for $200 compared to $2500 +

Lexel 95s are nice, havelocked has 5 or 6 of em. I myself prefer the lexel 88 since I get a good 2 watts out of a single phase laser.

I also have a Lexel 95 but no 3 phase power to run it. I need to replace the single line tuning prism mount for a fixed multi-line HR mount to make it lightshow ready.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by ImageLight View Post
    I also have a Lexel 95 but no 3 phase power to run it. I need to replace the single line tuning prism mount for a fixed multi-line HR mount to make it lightshow ready.

I can sell you a mount, they cost 30$ and shipping, assuming 95 scientific head. Others available on request.
    Steve Roberts

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

1100 is 1/4 life, so it should be still good if gas intact, heck offer him 500, the supply is almost worth that. I can light that tube from single phase, a hgm5 supply will light that tube.