Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wanted 200-250mw RED DPSS with TTL

A vote for maxyz here, great little modules!
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    A vote for maxyz here, great little modules!
    Seconded...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Thirded!!! (I don't think that is proper grammar)
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

im sure there good lasers and all that but over priced for a red
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Have you ever personally looked at one and messed around with it? If so, you'd know that they are worth the price for the quality, beam specs, power input, size, looks, and amazing support from Chuck! Well worth the price if you ask me!
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

im not saying there not worth it, just a little over priced for a red
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Cool

Sometimes you get what you pay for, Andycon...

By your logic, CNI DPSS lasers are overpriced for green and blue, because there are cheaper lasers out there. But if you look into it, you'll find that people buy CNI lasers because they're built better, they have outstanding beam specs, and they consistently out-perform (and out-last) other lasers. Does that make them overpriced?

Maxyz modules are the CNI of reds... In my opinion, they're the best value for your money. Yes, you can buy a DVD module and a cheap driver, put it all in an Axis housing with a plastic lens, and end up with a red laser for less money. (Potentially $100 less, even) But it's nothing close to what a Maxyz module offers in terms of beam quality, PSU stability, over-voltage protection, linear blanking response, or thermal management, to say nothing of the outstandingly rugged package it comes in. That doesn't make the Maxyz modules over-priced, it makes them cost more than a cheap alternative. (There *is* a difference between those two terms.)

I'm not cracking on you for the lasers you had for sale. I'm sure they were quite nice, and the folks that bought them from you seem pleased with them. But as LaserBen pointed out, you've never done a side-by-side comparison of your laser and a Maxyz module. I think if you had the opportunity to play with one for a while you'd understand why so many people here are converts. (And for the record, when I first saw the Maxyz modules on E-bay a few years ago, I also thought they were overpriced. But after I got my first one, I realized how much better they were than anything else I had used before, and that they really were a better value overall.)

Adam

I sent Maxyz 2 PM's late on 9/12 and still have not heard back yet. He has a "buy it now" red module on ebay for $310 that has one day left on it. The thing that holds me back from paying 310 is that I see from his feedback history that more than a couple have very recently sold for 250-260. If I could score one for that, I would be right on it. Oh well, good thing is I am not in a hurry. They do look like really nice modules and marconi seems like a cool person from what I have read.
    One last note, I just read in another post that he is recovering from a surgery, so that explains the delay- back trouble=no fun.
    ~Mike
    Last edited by mikkojay; 09-15-2007 at 13:29.

I can tell you those modules really roxx!! And I got 3 pcs of them! And aiming for another one shortly

Pangolin FB3 QS/LivePro/SMS2Laser
    Riya MultiBus
    Pangolin LD2000 Pro

OK, you talked me into it. I just went out and put a bid on the one on ebay. Its $269.95, but you know what? As much as I have looked around, I cannot find a module that has the specs I want for a price anywhere close. 250 would be better, but if I can get one for 270 I will be happy. I can't quibble over 20 bucks, heck that's not even a respectable bar tab.
    ~Mike