Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Venting

Yes those kits were awesome I got a 65 in one for xmas - cant remember when used it loads and loads. I loved it and it taught me lots of good basic stuff.

Doc - I know what you mean about calculators and those noises led me to play with electronic sounds a whole heap. I loved electronic noises and flashing lights best of all. Didnt discover the bucket brigade delays till later - after I left school - but did spend the summer I should have been revising for my 'O' levels learing how to program a Sinclair ZX81 - then I built an I/O card (i still have both) from Hobby electronics magazine and used it to interface to a SN76477 sound chip. Good bye bleeps hello all manner of sounds! It was awesome. As for tangerine dream - I agree there too, they are still one of my fave bands and even back in the early eighties I wanted to see or do laser shows to their music. At the time I did not know how by a long stretch and never imagined I would be able to but now I am working on an epic show based upon the 1982 logos album - a 44 min laser and tangerine fest. Yum Yum.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Nice. Logos is a good choice. That intricate clockworks part that opens slowly into a driven edgy sort of digital sound. A good show could be inspired by that. Cloudburst Flight from Force Majeure would also work, and especially Ricochet. I think the grail of TD recordings to do a show for might be the Poland concert. It's like a vast electronic symphony at times, it reminds me of Sibelius, the same strongly visual landscapes of sound. Lot of work though!