Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lasever Power Supply

David`s e-mail is lasever@163.com

I believe that part of China was just hit by a strong typhoon so it may be hard to get him right now.

Fred
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

Astroguy : Thanks. p1t8ull is sending me a replacment cable kindly.

p1t8ull : Thanks for your help!
    Regards,

Aidan

Just an FYI, I had the same issues deciding how to mount my Lasever power supply on my beam table, until the idea dawned on me. If you set the supply on it's side it will rest on several housing screws. I just removed them, drew a template of where the holes were, then I drilled my table to accommodate. I have a 1/4" table, so I bought screws that were 1/4" larger than the ones that came with the power supply.

I hope this helps, let me know if you need clarification.

-Max

Lightbulb

I must have missed something... Where'd you get mounting from blanking cable? Not that it isn't an intereseting topic... I actually mounted my lasever green the same way. Took two housing screws out that matched up with holes in my board and replaced them with slightly longer ones through the board. Instant heat sink for the PSU.

The screws that fit my board tap holes, pry into the heatsink fins on my blue PSU just right to suspend it in a similar fashion so I have both PSUs suspended over my laser "table" in my projector box. Kinda dual level without the separating layer of board.
    Last edited by allthatwhichis; 09-26-2007 at 00:05.

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    I must have missed something... Where'd you get mounting from blanking cable? Not that it isn't an intereseting topic... I actually mounted my lasever green the same way. Took two housing screws out that matched up with holes in my board and replaced them with slightly longer ones through the board. Instant heat sink for the PSU.

The screws that fit my board tap holes, pry into the heatsink fins on my blue PSU just right to suspend it in a similar fashion so I have both PSUs suspended over my laser "table" in my projector box. Kinda dual level without the separating layer of board.

From the original post:
    Also is it possible to get a different / OEM PSU for it?

As I want to build a nice small projector but having to build that think into it is a pain and I’m reluctant to bust it open and rip out the guts and attempt to make use of that that way. (In case I break it!)

Default lambda-pro ttl

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    It looks exactly like the one I have, circa 2002. Lasever "U" series head and adjustable power supply with TTL blanking. The blanking plug is a 1/8 inch mono plug like you would use for a computer microphone. You short them together to blank the laser. (If you leave it unconnected the blanking lead floats high and the laser is on.)

Adam
    Adam, apologies for jumping in on an old thread but i have a quick question. I have a Lambda-Pro UG module (100Mw 532nm) with a mono jack for ttl. I bought the unit in 2003 and never bothered with the blanking until now. Last week i recieved my Scanpro 20k kit with DMX.
    After connecting the laser to the 'Laser Mod for green' input on the DMX card (connector J8)it doesn't seem to modulate.
    The jack plug has 2 wires, one red & one black. I believe the wiring is red=S+ which goes to pin 1 on ‘J8’ and black to ‘-‘. After turing on the scanpro's, then the laser, i can clearly see the retrace lines
    Any ideas?

Cool

I'm not at all familiar with the DMX board that comes with the ScanPro 20's. I've never hooked one up.

I would think you'd want to connect the red wire to the INTENSITY+ signal, and the black wire to the INTENSITY- signal. I don't know where those signals are on the DMX board though. Maybe Dave or Aijii can offer some assistance.

If you only use the green color signal, you won't see all the lines in the pattern. Still, you shouldn't be seeing the retrace lines even if you are connected only to green... Hmmm.

You really need a pinout diagram for that DMX controller.

To test the laser, you can simply short the two wires together. If the laser blanks, it's working correctly and the problem has to do with how it's connected to the DMX unit.

Adam

Thanks mate. I'll give it a go tonight. Hopefully it'll work, otherwise i'll need to order a new module (one with analogue this time)

isn't it just a 1/8th inch headphone jack? thats what I had used when I had that same laser...find a pair of old stereo headphones... cut the end off and use a continuity tester with the plug pluged in, now test the end of the cut end of the plug, this should be pluged in to the back of your laser(with the power off) open the power supply unit and test the plug to find the leads you need to modulate your laser....
    Lasers, Lights, Music, Action!