Thread: DT40-Wide and FB3-QS?

Default DT40-Wide and FB3-QS?

how do i wire the fb3-qs to my DT40-Wide?
    is the fb3-qs single ended or differential?
    some say single ended and some say differential??

if it's single ended can i reach full angle if i connect hot=>hot , ground=>ground+negative?

/martin

The quickshow has a differential output (first hit on google for the terms "quickshow differential" and I didnt even need to view the pdf - the hit was for the manual). I'd go download it - it'll tell you all you want and mabye dont want to know about a quickshow :P).

You would therefore wire the DT40Wide's in the same fashion as you would any other differential scanner amps - that is X+ to X+, ground to ground, X- to X- and so on. Heres the pin out :

Pin 1 : X+
    Pin 2 : Y+
    Pin 14: X-
    Pin 15: Y-
    Pin 25: Ground

This pinout is as seen from rear of the projector.

I have seen it suggested on this forum to not connect the ground leads in the middle of each signal connector, as there is already a ground provided via the +24/GND/-24V on the power supply. This avoids ground loops. Of course this only works if you have a star point ground isolated from the case connected to pin 25. (the grounds of each power supply connect to this star point and the star point is connected to pin 25.). You can avoid connecting them by pressing down on the tang on the ground wire in the connector and sliding the ground lead out. Then insulate it.

Somebody correct me on that last point if I am incorrect.