Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The carmangary 30k galvos, the initial review

Default The carmangary 30k galvos, the initial review

While waiting to hear back from a guy I am supposed to go meet to pick up a motor I decided to hook up the 30k galvos I just got from carmangary here on PL

See thread
    http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ead.php?t=2776

These were initially appealing just because they were here in the states so before I read any of the eBay auctions I just bought a set. I would have been more deterred if I had read that all warranty issues will be handled by the manufacture. Anyhow, dont let my being over critical get in the way. They arrived working anyhow and I now am not worried about the initial warranty. Upon payment, shipping was extremely fast, they got to my house in 2 days. The only set back was that USPS left them on the back porch without leaving a note up front telling me that so I gave carmangary a hard time as it was a week before I actually had the galvos in hand, sorry man

On to the review
    I received them and pulled everything out. No instructions but hey who needs those. Came with everything required to hook up to your own projector setup. I decided not to initially place them in one of my laserboy projector cases as I didnt want to wire everything up and have them not work. I placed them on my test wood and added extra metal to heat sink to (you will see pics below). I hooked them up and wired my pangolin qm32 DAC to them. They definitely dont put out like the DTs that Adam has or the Cambridge that I have. There is some of noise in the 24 to 25k range but cleans up right past 26k. I have taken some photos of the equipment and the image they produce using two test patterns. The settings were 30k at 100% throw on qm32 pro. They need to be tuned but that was expected and said upfront. I am overall happy with the purchase and would buy another set if he had it but he doesnt

Last edited by dream beamz; 09-22-2007 at 12:18.

I have a set too, I have to say that they are quite nice! I would love to see more efficent drivers though, so I don't have to have such a large heat sink.
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

These scanners are made by PR. We are giving them feedback (just as we normally give all scanner companies feedback) to improve their products. They are taking our advice too. The new scanner is now nickel plated (just like top GS and Cambridge scanners) and they have completely redone the position sensor board. They will also be making changes to the scanner amp.

I would say that people should keep an eye on that company.

Bill

Good deal, thanks for everything you do

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    These scanners are made by PR. We are giving them feedback (just as we normally give all scanner companies feedback) to improve their products. They are taking our advice too. The new scanner is now nickel plated (just like top GS and Cambridge scanners) and they have completely redone the position sensor board. They will also be making changes to the scanner amp.

Bill

Thanks for reviewing these. I'm sort of like the president of the hair club for men... not only did I sell these I have a set in my scanner. I'm interested in hearing the differences you see between these and the DT40s or other galvo sets you have tried. Since I have never tried any other scanners (except for a 15K set) I have nothing to compare them to.

I think AndyCon might pick up selling these but if he doesn't and anyone wants to buy a set contact me and I might be able to work something out. I won't be able to offer prices as low unless I do another bulk buy, though.

Bill,

These are not the PR scanners, they are made by another company...

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post

Bill
    Last edited by dave; 10-08-2007 at 02:35.
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Hi dream beamz

I found that the signal Ground not be connected to your signal broad from your post photo.

Incase it has any meaning, the galvos say WB on them.
    CLICKY!!!

WB? I haven't noticed that. Is it supposed to mean something?

My bad, just looked at them, WJ says it by the connector on the galvo its self. I don't know if that is a Company or anything.
    CLICKY!!!