Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trade: GSI g120 galvos w/ closed loop minisax amps

Default Trade: GSI g120 galvos w/ closed loop minisax amps

I have the GSI and would like to trade for a set of chinese 10 to 15k galvos and amps and you give me an additional $50 US. It all works. Any takers?

Includes:
    (2) Galvos
    (2) amps
    (2) Mirrors

Does not include:
    +/- 24vdc power supply
    Galvo mount

Data and spec sheets
    http://www.gsig.com/scanners/downloa..._Sheet_291.pdf

http://www.gsig.com/scanners/downloa...l_17625016.pdf

http://www.gsig.com/scanners/optical_spec.html

Last edited by dream beamz; 09-22-2007 at 12:52.

Just wondering how fast these can scan at 8 degrees?
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

quite honestly, i have no clue, they say these are rated at 18k but some people say they are way more capable than that.

Yadda, got any insight on this?

Cool

You can get 30Kpps at 15 to 20 degrees *if* you use the Turbo Track amps. Clandestiny has several sets of these things and he just loves them. (The Turbo Track amp is the one that Bill Benner of Pangolin designed.) In fact, Paul says he can get 40 Kpps at 8 degrees with his G120's and his Turbo Track amps.

Not bad for a set of galvos that were originally spec'd for 24Kpps!

Adam

Lightbulb

Damn, that's tempting... I have some 20ks from dave. It'd be nice to grab those and go rob clandestiny for a pair of those amps... Heh, I got a good sound amp I could trade him.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

still have these. will trade for 20k set, no $50 required ::

So why are you trading for something potentially not as good as what you have? I am curious because I have some 15Ks gathering dust.

Cool

G-120's have small mirrors, much like the DT-40's or Cambridge 6210's. The Scan-Eco 20's, on the other hand, have quite large mirrors by comparison. (So do the Scan-Eco 10's.)

Considering that George has a 500 mw 635 nm Lasever red in his RGB projector (which has the beam diameter and divergence of a cheap flashlight), I'm betting that he wants the larger mirrors of the Scan-Eco 20's so he doesn't loose as much light through the galvos. Most of George's work consists of beamshows anyway, so speed isn't that important. (Though a wide scan angle is...)

Also, his G-120's do not have the mirrors mounted on them. (He does have the mirrors for them, however.) Plus they're used galvos to begin with, so that also affects the trade value.

True, I agree that whomever ends up with the G-120's is still going to end up with the greater value dollar-wise, but when you consider the other factors above I can see how George would consider it a fair trade.

Adam

Adam is mostly correct, the hidden fact is that I have a terrible track record with G-120s I used to own 8 sets of them to include some rare Z mounts, i sold nearly all of it on ebay including all the ones I fried using laser artistry amps. These that I have for sale, I have never used them as they take a 24v +/- power supply which i need for many other uses for. I only hooked them up the other day to make sure they worked, thats the first time I have used them. The performance is surely better than all the galvos I had with generic amps but I am set with the chinese now. Oh and mirror size can actually be pretty decent on a set of 120s, I just dont have any large ones left, I have the last two decent sized ones to marconi.

I like the chinese over the g-120s with the exception of the one old projector I have with adjustment knobs for easy of adjustment during a preset show

Also, I got two seperate galvo mounts in storage I will throw in. They have adjustments on them to go up and down so you can allign them up to do x and y. These are not the best mounts in the world but will get you going.

Oh yeh, about the mirrors. If someone wants me to mount before I ship. Thats fine but they could get damaged in shipping.
    Last edited by dream beamz; 09-25-2007 at 15:07.