Thread: Eye magic galvos - part required

Default Eye magic galvos - part required

Hi

I have a broken set of eye magic galvos

EYE MAGIC model EMS 4000 X or Y will be ok just need the centre shaft that is glued to the mirror

anybody got a spare shaft they want to sell

and anybody got any idea what speed EMS 4000s are ?

PAUL
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Default Re: Ems

Quote Originally Posted by Lasermad View Post
    Hi

I have a broken set of eye magic galvos

EYE MAGIC model EMS 4000 X or Y will be ok just need the centre shaft that is glued to the mirror / anybody got a spare shaft they want to sell

and anybody got any idea what speed EMS 4000s are ?
    Hi Paul -

We use EMS 4K and we LOVE them!!! Very tough, very fast - the 4K's will do up to 50K+ when properly tuned - you can acually GRAB the shaft while scanning (not that you'd WANT to! and they will not blow the amps!! We have used them with up to 8x15mm mirrors for our hi-power KTP systems and still can get about 12-15K out of them...

NOW: before others go jumping all over this post and tell us about the OLD magnet problems with the early gen 4000s- WE KNOW, and those problems are now a THING OF THE PAST - they now use a solid magnet with NO nickel (?) coating, so there is nothing TO delaminate, and they are very, very good galvos - we have seen them outperform Camb 6210s (less flicker when projecting graphics very large- ie: >150% scale)

As to the shaft, yes we have one (saved it to show a Client WHY they had to learn how to 'tune' thier scenes - ya just can't scan EVERYTHING at 60K! - if you spring for the postage to ol' bonny Scotland, I'll just give it to ya

But unless you plan to send it to Greece to get fixed, it will be a rough job yourself - you need a special jig to get em in/out, so best advice I could give (if you're NOT going to send them direct to EMS) is send the galvo to One Stop Laser Shop (OSLS on PL http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...tposter&t=3392) in FL, USA - they are very friendly, responsive, knowledgeable and reasonable for repairs - and they WILL get it to you quickly - this is NOT the old New Method 'black-hole' - totally new ownership and they are rock stars! SOMEtimes they may be out and it may take a day or so for them to get back to you (they DO need more help, there, but they are working on it! but they WILL get to you and WILL turn it around quickly... just telling our experience with them...

So lemme know if you want it - we can figure out the postage to Scot from here and you could Paypal it or something - PM-me if you're interested...
    - cheers!

- jon
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Jeex , I had no idea they could ramped up to 50k , i thought they were old technology 4/8ks .i was planning to play with them for beams only ...i was also under impresssion they were wide angle ? can you confirm ?

Many thanks for your offer of help ,i will PM you .

PAUL
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

fred at one stop laser shop fixes these.
    he is on the forum as member name osls
    we have eyemagic scanners in our cubr and apparently the magnets have delaminated so we will be sending them off to fred soon.

that is unless there are more free ones to be had just by covering shipping

peace,
    wes

Thumbs up Re: Ems...

Quote Originally Posted by wes View Post
    fred at one stop laser shop fixes these.
    he is on the forum as member name osls
    we have eyemagic scanners in our cubr and apparently the magnets have delaminated so we will be sending them off to fred soon.

that is unless there are more free ones to be had just by covering shipping
    hey wes -

Yep, Fred will take good care of you... and BECAUSE of that, sorry, no galvos to give away - only one shaft where a Client toasted the magnet sooo bad, that Fred actually had to replace it! - But it is still a good shaft-only... we love these galvos - work very good... - peace

-jon

Talking RE: EMS vs Wide Move XT

Quote Originally Posted by Lasermad View Post
    Jeex , I had no idea they could ramped up to 50k , i thought they were old technology 4/8ks .i was planning to play with them for beams only ...i was also under impresssion they were wide angle ? can you confirm ?

Many thanks for your offer of help ,i will PM you .
    Hey Paul -

yes, I will PM-you back RE: your galvos, but just wanted to post this reply to clarify for the benefit of others - the Wide-Move XT super-wide angle galvos made by MediaLas in Germany LOOK the same, but are NOT - so please be sure you actually HAVE EMS 4000s and NOT wide-moves, as I am not sure this 4K shaft would work for you... you can tell which are which cause EMS will have EMS printed on the amp card and serial sticker on the galvo...will say EMS 4000 and there are other ways you can tell if they are matching 4K amps - send me a pic if you are in doubt and I can tell you.. will be in touch via PM shortly... ciao!
    - jon