Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bounce mirror alternatives!

8" mirror balls also work well. Try using a slowly rotating flat scan, or a pulsating circle on one.

HEY GUYS...

i kinda agree on the "cheap aspect" of not going out and just purchasing nice first surface highly reflective mirrors. BUT, i know how it was sometimes trying to build up money in a bank while also trying to support a VERY NOT SO CHEAP hobby (or profession) we adore!

i think some of us can remember trying to cut corners a little bit and saving a few bucks here and there. for a more simplistic show like a basic nightclub or beam show, using a cheapo mirror set isnt going to be noticeably degrading.

not to sure where most of you are from, but im in Connecticut. we have "Brooks" and "CVS" here. believe it or not, they sell all sorts of FIRST SURFACE mirror sets there. everything from little 1-2" round mirrors to i believe 4" x 4" sets. before i went out and bought nice "laser mirrors" with brackets and such, i went through HUNDREDS of the cheapo mirrors from those stores. they worked fine, and never once had a client say, "hey, those laser reflections dont look very good!!"

obviously if i was doing a multi-laser display for IBM or Lexus or something i wouldnt be bringing along equipment like that. BUT, for simplistic shows (or relatively more basic shows) i think cutting corners and basic "money saving" practices are fine!

just my 2 cents worth.