Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FS: America Laser 60b Argon 110v 60mw **works**

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    How many hours on the tube? Is it near end-of-life? Could it be re-gassed?, if so, how expensive would that be? Questions, questions, and more questions -heh
    60mw for 2 lines still sounds to me like its got lots of life. there is no meter on it that tells me the hours. This is a 60b not a 60x

Cool

I agree; I think it's got plenty of life left. No problems starting the tube either, so yeah - it should be fine for quite a while.

I was just commenting to Steve that re-gassing smaller tubes just isn't worth it. (I wasn't trying to imply that your tube needed a re-gas.)

Adam

The 60B is higher power than the 60X and could be re-ocularized ( i just made that word up)for maybe 100mw?

-edit OK- -the optics could be changed for multi-line ~higher mw? If it's still $325 shipped then I think I can scrape up that and send you a check or MO as promised. PM/email sent.

Sorry steve-o I just dont know the power ratios between optics but 100mw seems like a good guess if you put the 7line optics in it. Steve Roberts might have a better answer for this

SOLD >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It is indeed SOLD to steve-o

I'm just a sucker for blue multi-line argons, and I dont care about blanking--oop<blasphemy>
    Just the colour is amazing to me oooohhhh ------------------- and the patterns with a couple of galvos.. ..sends me...... ahhhh... over the rainbow-------------------------------------------------------------__________________________________________________ _______________________________________

ha, well stay in touch. I might very well get rid of all but two of my argons coming up. All work. Ranging from coherent i-90s, i-100s, lexel 88, lexel 95 and god knows what else

Sorry, I don't think my back could take it..
    Dont you need scaffolding and a crew for some of that stuff??

[quote=mixedgas;33720]
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    Forget regassing a tube that size. It would cost $1500 to $2000. You'd be better off buying 3 or 4 more off E-bay and taking your chances.

Evergreen Laser sells refurbed X tubes at ~750$ and will install it in the head, they have piles of them from when they had the Xerox contract.
    Anybody else is gonna charge you 1500-2000$ to rebuild.

Steve Roberts
    Steve, just curious, ALC 60B/C and 60X tubes are interchangable and will run off of the same PS?
    Last edited by steve-o; 10-30-2007 at 15:14. Reason: added the word "are"