Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone convert an ai->ILDA?

Default Can anyone convert an ai->ILDA?

I have a company logo that I would like to trace to an ILDA file. Does anyone have any autotrace software that could produce an ILDA file?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hey man,
    I have a few programs at home that might do it, or at least be able to convert it to another vector format that can be used as input to another conversion program that will turn it into an ilda file. I am at work right now, so it will be later tonight. Anyway, I think you are at least one step ahead by having it vector format to begin with.
    I ran into the same thing when I would want to create CNC G-Code from various input file types. I'll let you know what I find (if someone doesn't offer something quick and easy in the next 6 hours or so)
    -Mike

sorry man, still at it-
    I converted it to 2 different dxf formats and an eps format, just in case someone out there has a converter that supports one of those. The one dxf converter I had did not like the dxf files I ended up with. I saw a lot of talk about these converters, but not a ton of free downloads.
    -Mike

Hey thanks anyway.

I think I might have something that can take it to an ILDA from a DXF

I tried converting the dxf in dot.monkey lite but it just made a single diagonal line. Normally the program will convert dxfs or othe cad formats. Also when I tried to open the dxf in turbocad it errored. Can you provide it in any other format like autocad?

Well, I have good news and bad news-
    The good news is that it is possible to get this on the wall (see pic 2), but...
    Here is what I found- (please take with a grain of salt, seeing how this is the 1st one of these I have tried to do)
    Your original image contains a HUGE number of nodes, meaning that any conversion program is going to try and convert EACH ONE into point info for the resultant frame/graphic. I tried to import one of the original dxf I made into Pangolin's Draw3d and it complained about too many points/some would be truncated.
    Sooo, I opened the ai file in Corel Draw and auto-reduced the number of nodes.
    Having a ton of nodes is great for fine resolution, like when articulating intricate curves, but this means more points for the scanners to hit while drawing the picture. I saved the file as a wmf format, which I then imported into Pangolin's Draw3d (see pic 1).
    It displayed, but there were so many points that the draw rate was abnormally slow. I had to use a long exposure to even get the whole image in the picture.
    Bad news part 2, The Draw3d program only seems to export to its own native format, but I zipped and included it just in case.
    From here I suppose you could experiment with the vector image and try to tone down the resolution, but that is not my area of expertise (actually, I'm not sure I have one of those yet!)
    Good luck with it- you may wind up learning more about graphic design than you ever wanted to know!
    -Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Draw3d.JPG  

OnTheWall.JPG  

If you give me a normal JPG or better BMP file i can try.
    No prommise and will be after the weekend,

Here ya go-
    I want to get hold of that "traceit" program- anyone got it?
    I sent Pangolin an email about it, but I have not heard back.
    -Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bitmap in Style_Logo copy2.bmp  

First try, have now only a few minutes.
    If you need any adjesutments let me know.
    I will be back after the weekend.
    The ilda file has now 1142 points.

Btw, it's traced with TraceIT.
    Last edited by Francesco; 09-28-2007 at 03:20.

Shobley,

I've been using your file to test my conversion algorithm. You might find the result useful. It has been optimized for to run at 30kpps on my raytrack 35 scanner. It contains 1465 points. Let me know how it works on your gear.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails style.jpg  

Last edited by Zoof; 09-28-2007 at 06:03. Reason: pic added