Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: cheap scanner controller prices( i wish)

Thanks Dave i think you have solved that one, i have just spoken to a guy in the uk he has just informed me that he does the FB3 for 595 dollars plust post about 50 dollars which is more realistic i dont know why the other company i spoke to were going to charge me over a 1000 dollars, it just goes to show-do your research make some phone calls and emails and you will save your hard earned money thanks guys

thats still seems expensive???

i thought the fb3 was £250 + postage???

£250 = $500
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

I bought my FB3 evaluation kit with a fill copy of LA studio and overnight shipping all for $500. Just contact William Brenner at pangolin and tell him you want the LA Freak Kit for photon lexicon members for $500.
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

thats what i thought.

glad im not the only one lol
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Yep! I am very happy with it! The only problem I see is that it can't operate a PCAOM for a argon laser. Oh well, it I need that, I guess the DAC will be the cheapest part...
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Dont foget guys its going to be about 50 dollars for the shipping to the uk, i can not remember his name but another (PL) member payed 500 dollars for a slightly different version of the same thing he did not get i think he said the daughter board ill have alook around and see if i can find the post again, unless i miss read the post lol thx guys

Hi Guys i have found a couple of posts that i ran across a few days back regarding the FB3
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    Wow - they've sweetened the deal then!

The package you bought used to cost $695. The LA Freak package is only $500, but it doesn't come with the DMX daughterboard and doesn't include a memory card. (Though the card reader slot is included.) Also, it wasn't going to come with Live Pro.

Evidently Bill has changed the pricing on the FB3. That, or he just decided to hook you up. Either way, it sounds like you got the best of both worlds! You got *everything* for just $600... Cool!

Adam
    and also
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    Ben, you ordered the LA Freak package. That doesn't come with the DMX daughterboard.

Stuka ordered the FB3 evaluation kit, which *does* come with the DMX daugherboard. (Though it looks like he got a deal too, since that kit used to sell for $695. Maybe Bill or Hayden decided to issue Stuka a military discount!)

Adam

strange, i have a memory card with mine and a DMX cable connect to the fb3 which i took off as i dont need it.
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Cool

Couple things guys...

The LA Freak kit comes with the FB3 controller and the LA Studio software. It does *not* come with the DMX daughter board.

With regard to the quoted deals in kaz's post above, a while back a few people in Europe ordered the LA Freak kit and were mistakenly sent the FB3 evaluation kit instead. They got lucky... They got the DMX daughter board, and they also got a copy of the "LIVE PRO!" software. Later on, a few people in the states got the same deal, and some of them posted about it here, which caused all the confusion.

However, those mistakes have been corrected, and now if you want all the extras you need to order the full FB3 evaluation kit and pay the extra $$$. The LA Freak system is really aimed at the hobbyist market (and thus has a reduced price tag and omits the dmx controller - which few hobbyists need anyway), while the FB3 evaluation kit is designed more for projector manufacturers that want to incorporate the controller into their projector design.

Also, someone said that the FB3 won't work with a PCAOM. That's not true. It will work just fine with a PCAOM. The FB3 supports full analog color, and has 4 separate color output channels. (Granted, other controllers have up to 8 color channels, but 4 channels will give you the red, green and two main blue lines from a krypton/argon mixed gas laser.)

Adam

Thanks Adam, mystery solved then lol, i am still looking around trying to way up the pros and cons of a laser controller it dont have to be all singing all dancing all i want is to be able to do a bit more than using the on board DMX512 compatible lasershow player board that i will be getting with the scanners,i want to start of slow and build up to something better but you could say that i would probably be better off getting the FB3 now if in the end ill probably end up getting one anyway thanks guys Paul