Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cheap scanner controller prices( i wish)

Default cheap scanner controller prices( i wish)

Hi guys, I hope I have brought this discussion to the right place, I have been looking around the posts to find the cheapest way of scanning and I have found much help here thank you PL but as you start to dive into the wonderful world of scanning do you realise that its going to cost, especially if you are going to get a all singing all dancing system. I made some inquires today as I have seen a fair bit of hype in the posts about the FB3 controller, in it you get the pangolin flash back 3 complete with dmx and usb daughter board and sambra software sounds good, until I found out the price, the guys in the USA are paying around 595 dollars for the same set up, the cheapest I could get one from a Pangolin distributor in this country ( uk) was wait for it……………1077 dollars or £534.63 pounds I know you only get what you pay( most cases) for but damn thats a lot . I would have ago at trying to build something with sound cards or something like that but as I suffer from paralysis in one arm it takes me 10x longer or damn impossible to do things that some people take for granted and im a stubborn bugger that don’t give up easy lol so I guess what im trying to say is apart from buying second hand does any one know the cheapest way to get coherent light bouncing off of a scanner unit, something that will do basic text and patterns, oh and there’s nothing wrong in buying second hand if there’s someone out there who wants to upgrade let me know many thanks Paul

Try talking to the guys at Showtacle in regards to the Moncha. Explain your situation. They might be able to help.

the fb3 costs £250
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

hi Andy con where would i purchase the fb3 for that price with all the goodies pangolin flash back 3 complete with dmx and usb daughter board and sambra software best regard Paul

im thought direct from pangolin??? not sure what sambra software is though
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

the cheapest iv heard of any one buying the full pangolin flash back 3 complete with dmx and usb daughter board and sambra softwarepakage for is 595 dollars about £300 then shipping probably looking at around £340 which is still better than £534 all in i surpose is there anything out the that does half as much for half the price if you know what i mean

try emailing bill brenner of pangolin.
    user name,pangolin,on this board.

ok thx wes, i forgot that bill brenner is a active member of PL doh silly me

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by kaz View Post
    ok thx wes, i forgot that bill brenner is a active member of PL doh silly me
    DOH!

The contact form on their site is probably the fastest digital way, but then you could alwasy call them too...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    im thought direct from pangolin??? not sure what sambra software is though
    Samba is the same as LiveQuick - It was renamed to avoid confusion with Mamba..
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/