Thread: LaserShowParts ScanEco30 question

Default LaserShowParts ScanEco30 question

I noticed they have these on the Ebay. They have two identical auctions for these same scanners. One has a buy it now price of $495. The other has a buy it now price of $595. Why?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    I noticed they have these on the Ebay. They have two identical auctions for these same scanners. One has a buy it now price of $495. The other has a buy it now price of $595. Why?
    Is it the same seller? Check to make sure the currency used. I have seen dave and aijii's show both USD and AU...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

Same seller. Same currency. I am just wondering if they are jacking the prices way up after I stopped selling my scanners there because they don't have any competition.

Cool

Their prices are normally higher than that. The stardard price on their website is $645 for the Scan-Pro 30's.

Having said that, they sometimes list them on E-bay with low initial prices to entice buyers. I've seen sets of Scan-Pro 30's go for around $400 on some of their no-reserve auctions in the past. I'm betting that they didn't make a whole lot of money on those auctions, but they probably got some good exposure on E-bay from them.

Likewise, they sometimes offer cheaper "buy it now" prices on E-bay to generate interest. They also offered a special price for PL members a while back, but that's another issue.

Bottom line: they've been selling their galvos on E-bay for several years now (much longer than they've had the lasershowparts.com website up), and every once in a while they put up a cheap auction to stir up some interest.

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 09-28-2007 at 19:50.

Lightbulb

I think I paid $500 or so plus shipping for my ScanPro30s last October... I really haven't found another forum like this for projectors, so if anyone knows the market I think it would be them.

Well, as someone who has recently sold those same scanners I guess I have a little more insight into it. I will drop it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by carmangary View Post
    Opps my bad! The higher priced listing was from before we dropped the price, cheers for pointing that out.
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/